If Gamepass is so successful like Microsoft claims, why aren’t there AAA third party games on there?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, you would just purchase them on release or when on sale like everyone else. What kind of point is this?:what:

How y’all try so hard to hate on a $10/month service that offers you 250+ free games is beyond me:dead:
Slow down buddy. Read his response and read what you just said.

You so quick to defend MSFT you see someone being questioned about something as hating. The hell would I need to hate on Gamepass when I got an Xbox and PC where I can use it for? :dahell:

I've had it before and signed up a week ago for $1 just for kickers. When it lapsed a couple of months ago I didn't reup since I didn't care for anything on there at the moment. Y'all make it seem like we little teenage kids who need allowance to buy a game. I literally was trying to persuade a co-worker of mines to use his gamepass coupon he got with his PC parts to get access to Halo MCC late last year and then pay for it later since he's one of those very frugal/cheap gamers where it's a big decision between a COD game or something else.

$60 GP>>>$130 :umad:
He's implying he's ONLY going to spend $60 and says that >> $130 as if he's not going to spend any other cash on any game day 1. He even doubles down on it and says he's going to be on EA Access/U-Play+ as if he's going to end up paying less than $130 for the entire year and play everything. Gamepass has no bearing on what I decide to purchase. I will still buy a game off of Steam or PS4/Switch over just trialing it on gamepass if I liked it and would play it more often.

Last edited:

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
@Deuterion
What you and other Sony stans don't understand, is that MS has legit high quality AAA games in the works.

I know y'all wanna shyt on Halo, but Ninja Theory; PlayGround, and Obsidian have made nothing but 80+ meta games, those studios make nothing but good to great games.

Hellblade 2; Fable, and Avowed will all be 85+ on Meta GOTY contenders, quote me on that.

The bangers are coming, but since MS bought these studios in 2018/2019, we're not seeing these games til '22/'23(Hellblade will likely be the exception, since that's prolly a '21 game).

Waitbox

:wow:

2023 bout to be a amazing year tho

:ohlawd::whew:

50m PS4 to 20m Xbox consoles sold by then

q5sEcV5.png

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I'm only buying Tony Hawk and Cyberpunk :umad:

All that other shyt I'm either not interested in or will play through Uplay+/EA Access(Star Wars Squadron) next year :umad:

So much hostility toward a gamer saving money :wow:

Then again it makes sense, you don't even really play games. You just buy a bunch of shyt and put it in your backlog :mjlol:
Sony gamers rebuy the same game every 2 years, so the concept of only buying a game once or not at all baffles them. :russ:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
@Fatboi1
So what if I buy other games day 1. If I'm saving money by not buying Halo; Gunk, and other GP games, what's wrong w/ using GP as another option to access games? :ohhh:

Not even the biggest GP Stan's will say they just play games though that. We all know it's a supplemental way to access games, and that's perfectly fine. Just like how folks have Netflix, but will still see blockbusters in theatres, we treating GP as the same way.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Sony gamers rebuy the same game every 2 years, so the concept of only buying a game once or not at all baffles them. :russ:

Bruh I know you ain't talking with that Halo CE remake 343 is launching in Halo Infinite. They remade Halo: CE in the image of a PS3 game on the world's most power console ever, that's some creativity.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
And I mean on there on the day of release not years after they’ve come out. Microsoft keeps telling us how it’s very successful and publishers are making money yet the only AAA games on there day one are first party games.

Why aren’t Activision, EA, Ubisoft etc putting their games on there day one? Surely they’ve seen the figures and how wildly successful it is? :patrice:
Because third parties don't run Gamepass. They want the revenue from customers buying their games before they take some fee from Microsoft to let Gamepass subs have all you can eat access to them.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
This is what i meant when i defended Courtdog, shyt is so redundant. We’ll never have peace in this section cuz of these threads.
Most of these threads are made by bored ass Sony stans... this is why the section trash.

literally wake up with xbox on their minds

40 year old console warriors :picard:

You would think these dudes had hobbies... like actually playing the games they gas. Nah, this is the hobby... making threads about their “rival” like Sony gives a fukk about them

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why are Xbots so mad about this thread? :russ:

If Sony came out and said their subscription service was very profitable and making publishers money I would ask them too why no third party AAA games are on there. It’s a legit question :yeshrug: