If Gamepass is so successful like Microsoft claims, why aren’t there AAA third party games on there?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's the incentive for third party developers to do so?

I mean, EA doesn't put their biggest releases on their OWN subscription service day one.

The checks Microsoft would have to cut to publishers to make up for lost revenue from regular sales would make it cost prohibitive.

The way it works now is best for them. First party games they've already built into their budget, smaller AA type games, and big name third party titles in which publishers have moved clearly into their post release revenue cycle.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
What's the incentive for third party developers to do so?

I mean, EA doesn't put their biggest releases on their OWN subscription service day one.

The checks Microsoft would have to cut to publishers to make up for lost revenue from regular sales would make it cost prohibitive.

The way it works now is best for them. First party games they've already built into their budget, smaller AA type games, and big name third party titles in which publishers have moved clearly into their post release revenue cycle.

‘Ok this nikka works in corporate. You manage a P&L?

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
‘Ok this nikka works in corporate. You manage a P&L?

:mjlol:

Man, I WISH I were in a position like that. The amount of financial power I would put into brehs' hands :wow:

For the time being I just have to settle for being one of the few people in logistics (that I know) that thinks about money objectively when handling accounts.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

This.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: EA has it's own game subscription service, and Ubisoft and Activision were in talks for that as well. Plus those companies don't even have better games than the games you see on gamepass already.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nothing in your title said anything about day 1, it was a misleading title :unimpressed:

You don't get blockbusters day 1 on Disney+ or Netflix, yet you still use one of those services :unimpressed:

DMC V came out in Spring 2019, within 7 months it was on Gamepass. This is the same w/ Metro Exodus and Rage 2 :unimpressed:
Wait seven months to hopefully play a new game brehs :mjlol:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
@Deuterion
What you and other Sony stans don't understand, is that MS has legit high quality AAA games in the works.

I know y'all wanna shyt on Halo, but Ninja Theory; PlayGround, and Obsidian have made nothing but 80+ meta games, those studios make nothing but good to great games.

Hellblade 2; Fable, and Avowed will all be 85+ on Meta GOTY contenders, quote me on that.

The bangers are coming, but since MS bought these studios in 2018/2019, we're not seeing these games til '22/'23(Hellblade will likely be the exception, since that's prolly a '21 game).

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Wait seven months to hopefully play a new game brehs :mjlol:

Streets of Rage 4($20); Rise of the Tomb Raider($20), and Halo($60), Grounded($30) are all games that I've either played or will play this year :umad:

$60 GP>>>$130 :umad:

Next year, I'mma play Psychonauts 2($40); The Gunk($40), The Medium($60), and probably Hellblade 2($60) assuming it drops. :wow:

Game pass :blessed: :jawalrus:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Streets of Rage 4($20); Rise of the Tomb Raider($20), and Halo($60), Grounded($30) are all games that I've either played or will play this year :umad:

$60 GP>>>$130 :umad:

Next year, I'mma play Psychonauts 2($40); The Gunk($40), The Medium($60), and probably Hellblade 2($60) assuming it drops. :wow:

Game pass :blessed: :jawalrus:
You gonna wait on gamepass to see if MAYBE Cyberpunk 2077, Marvel's Avengers, NBA 2K21,AC Valhalla, COD 2020, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1/2 Remake, Madden 21, Watch Dogs Legion and a slew of other games release on Gamepass? :mjlol:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
You gonna wait on gamepass to see if MAYBE Cyberpunk 2077, Marvel's Avengers, NBA 2K21,AC Valhalla, COD 2020, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1/2 Remake, Madden 21, Watch Dogs Legion and a slew of other games release on Gamepass? :mjlol:

I'm only buying Tony Hawk and Cyberpunk :umad:

All that other shyt I'm either not interested in or will play through Uplay+/EA Access(Star Wars Squadron) next year :umad:

So much hostility toward a gamer saving money :wow:

Then again it makes sense, you don't even really play games. You just buy a bunch of shyt and put it in your backlog :mjlol:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
@Deuterion
What you and other Sony stans don't understand, is that MS has legit high quality AAA games in the works.

I know y'all wanna shyt on Halo, but Ninja Theory; PlayGround, and Obsidian have made nothing but 80+ meta games, those studios make nothing but good to great games.

Hellblade 2; Fable, and Avowed will all be 85+ on Meta GOTY contenders, quote me on that.

The bangers are coming, but since MS bought these studios in 2018/2019, we're not seeing these games til '22/'23(Hellblade will likely be the exception, since that's prolly a '21 game).

PS5 was actually the first Sony console I’ve ever purchased so miss me with the stan talk. I’ve had every single generation of XBOX and my viewpoint is a result of seeing Microsoft make misstep after misstep after the 360. You can talk about all these magnificent games they gonna have but I need to see it at this point. Microsoft has consistently ruined all their major franchises and have Halo on life support but I’m supposed to believe there is gonna be some renaissance. Once again I need to see it, they was talking all that hot shyt about Crackdown 3 and the power of the cloud, game was absolutely dog shyt. They was talking about how Halo was gonna be and it looks like a PS3 game and that’s their largest franchise. Epic left their ass alone, Bizzare did, Bungie left...FASA closed, Lionheart closed, it goes on and on...I’m not giving Microsoft undeserved credit.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm only buying Tony Hawk and Cyberpunk :umad:

All that other shyt I'm either not interested in or will play through Uplay+/EA Access(Star Wars Squadron) next year :umad:

So much hostility toward a gamer saving money :wow:

Then again it makes sense, you don't even really play games. You just buy a bunch of shyt and put it in your backlog :mjlol:
:mjlol:

I think @PS4 can pass the baton down soon enough

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

No, you would just purchase them on release or when on sale like everyone else. What kind of point is this?:what:

How y’all try so hard to hate on a $10/month service that offers you 250+ free games is beyond me:dead: