if D.C. were smart they'd greenlight a "Vixen" movie to capitalize off the Black Panther hype

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Have no clue who this bytch is, had to look her up.

25tl10p.jpg

Yeah, that's trash. Animorphs did it better.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
arent those ensembles? Dude wants a vixen movie not vixens

Yeah, they are but they are the first that came to mind recently. I don't know enough about Vixen as a character, but I imagine there would be other supporting black characters.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
vixen is not from Africa ?
The genesis of the question was what movie (not blaxploitation or slave laden) lead by a black "female" has done numbers? the poster replied with 2 movies that had women? A vixen movie wouldnt be an ensemble

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
The genesis of the question was what movie (not blaxploitation or slave laden) lead by a black "female" has done numbers? the poster replied with 2 movies that had women? A vixen movie wouldnt be an ensemble
if you watch the animated Vixen flick there's several characters when she goes back to Africa that have powers, u could grab alot of black A listers to portray them.

I could see Idris Elba portraying the main villian Aku Kwesi since he's already played similar african warlord types

Aku Kwesi (New Earth)

and grab the black chick from Black Mirror's San Junipero for Vixen with small cameos from Batflek (replacing Arrow) and Flash when she's back in the states for this scene

anigif_sub-buzz-13830-1507576165-8.gif

:wow:

Last edited:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Black leads have always work look at how popular fukking Luke Cage was on Netflix and he is a lower level character. If they got the right cast and writers it would work for once. They make shyt movies with terrible writers.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
smh cacs, and white washed ass Negroes don't get it.
since the release of Blk Panther to massive success, ppl have been rushing to find the "next" Blk Panther...The next Blk super hero.
All the while, overlooking the finer details that led to Blk Panther's massive success, and set Blk Panther apart from other Movies, even Other Blk Movies.

First off lets get this out of the way, Blk Panther was well written, and directed. Now:

its not about blk heroes...
Blk Panther is not the first time a blk lead was in a position of power. Blk Panther is not the first Blk Super hero, or blk lead in an action flick. We had Shaft, Spawn, Blade, Cube in triple X, Denzel, Will, Samuel Etc. ........Under Cover Brotha, Meteor Man...Blink Man, Hell even SHAQ in Steel:mjlol:..

HOWEVER, BLK Panther was the first time since Eddie Murphy movies (Coming To America, Harlem Knights, Bommerang) where blk ppl as a COLLECTIVE was in a position of power, in control of their destiny. In Blk Panther Its wasn't just T'Challa.... it was Shuri, Mbaku, Killmonger, Okoye, W'kABI, ZURI, NAKIA, Ramona it was a COLLECTIVE. Also the finer details set Blk Panther apart , it's setting in Africa The mother Land depicted in Glory ranned by blk ppl working together in unison with nature. It was the traditional garments, traditional African spirituality, and Rituals, Dark Skin, Black Love, Nappy Hair...

Just running to make another blk super hero movie, or getting blk directors to direct a movie, or making blk characters the main focus in trailers ain't sufficient enough to capitalize off the hype of blk panther. :yeshrug:

One of these moron studios is gonna jump the shark and try to recreate BP breh. And yes, they will look like fools doing so. That's Hollywood.

You can see CEO Cac in the boardroom now....."WE NEED OUR OWN BLACK PANTHER!!! GET ME .....DENZEL AND WILL SMITH, QUEEN LATIFAH, THAT NIG....I MEAN GUY WITH THE SCAR ON HIS FACE THAT SINGS, MR T! HEY YOU, NAME ME SOME OTHER POPULAR BLACK PEOPLE!! GET THEM TOO!!!" CHASE, COOPER, AMY ..WORK ON A SCRIPT!!! "

Amirah Dyme's Husband

I LOVE IG MODELS
Daps
Reppin
IG MODELS
smh cacs, and white washed ass Negroes don't get it.
since the release of Blk Panther to massive success, ppl have been rushing to find the "next" Blk Panther...The next Blk super hero.
All the while, overlooking the finer details that led to Blk Panther's massive success, and set Blk Panther apart from other Movies, even Other Blk Movies.

First off lets get this out of the way, Blk Panther was well written, and directed. Now:

its not about blk heroes...
Blk Panther is not the first time a blk lead was in a position of power. Blk Panther is not the first Blk Super hero, or blk lead in an action flick. We had Shaft, Spawn, Blade, Cube in triple X, Denzel, Will, Samuel Etc. ........Under Cover Brotha, Meteor Man...Blink Man, Hell even SHAQ in Steel:mjlol:..

HOWEVER, BLK Panther was the first time since Eddie Murphy movies (Coming To America, Harlem Knights, Bommerang) where blk ppl as a COLLECTIVE was in a position of power, in control of their destiny. In Blk Panther Its wasn't just T'Challa.... it was Shuri, Mbaku, Killmonger, Okoye, W'kABI, ZURI, NAKIA, Ramona it was a COLLECTIVE. Also the finer details set Blk Panther apart , it's setting in Africa The mother Land depicted in Glory ranned by blk ppl working together in unison with nature. It was the traditional garments, traditional African spirituality, and Rituals, Dark Skin, Black Love, Nappy Hair...

Just running to make another blk super hero movie, or getting blk directors to direct a movie, or making blk characters the main focus in trailers ain't sufficient enough to capitalize off the hype of blk panther. :yeshrug:
:ehh: When I think about it a Static Shock movie would be the multiracial/multicultural version of this; racism, gang violence, STDs, Homophobia, RACISM OF ALL FORMS, interracial romance and relations, sexism, diversity, etc. Thing is tho fake woke Twitter would be furious of this :russ:. On a real Static and Milestone is general got the most grounded characters when I think about it :ohhh: