If Bron wins his 5th ring/5th FMVP next year, back to back with LA. Would you consider him GOAT?

??

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%
  • He’s already the GOAT

Votes: 44 19.3%
  • He will never be the GOAT

Votes: 59 25.9%
  • They would be about equal

Votes: 22 9.6%

• Total voters

WMG the 2nd

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
miami won before lebron got there dumb fukk...

the lakers won 16 before bron got there

go to bed...
Miami won five years before he got thee
Only members left from that title team as AD and Wade and they missed the playoffs before Bron came that very year before

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
"LeBron needs 6" hahahaga...

So why didn't Mike need 11? Somebody explain to me how Russell is literally the embodiment and originator of defensive domination, has twice as many rings as Mike, won 11 titles in 13 years (which is greater than winning 6 in 15), but yall ain't advocating for Mike not needing 11 to be in the convo?

Russell was in The Finals every year of his career except one....

The exact same logic yall are using to apply exclusions and passes FOR Mike, can be used for anyone else...

Make the bullshyt make sense...

Last edited:

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC

So why didn't Mike need 11? Somebody explain to me how Russell is literally the embodiment and originator of defensive domination, has twice as many rings as Mike, won 11 titles in 13 years (which is greater than winning 6 in 15), but yall ain't advocating for Mike not needing 11 to be in the convo?

The exact same logic yall are using to apply exclusions and passes FOR Mike, can be used for anyone else...

To be honest MJ was just that dominant as a cultural figure by 1993, where he didn’t need it plus the era Bill played in..

Lebron has 2011 and a few holes in his resume that, he might need more. I don’t think it’s situation where lebron can say “I got 4 rings I don’t need 6” naw to catch the ghost, he needs to catch up in ring first about even exactly 6, but 5 to sway the public opinion and perception then again, though it does come across hypocritical.

this will be a conversation that will never solve itself unless lebron wins 5. That one title changes everything cause now it’s like “what now? I got 5 I’m only one away”

And perhaps it is stupid to use rings as the end be all but that’s how it’s been forever. Kobe wanted 6 rings to tie MJ. Ring culture will make it that Lebron himself probably won’t be truly satisfied until he has 6. His legacy is set regardless. Where he will stand years, decades from now, though, comes down to rings to be honest. Everything else is cool and all all the points, rebounds, assists, steals etc.. where Bron stands in the long run, however, will come down to how many rings he leaves the league with compared to Michael.

some people look at Bill’s 11 rings the same way they look at Wilts 100. It came in a era that allowed that kind of shyt to happen.

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Cause there were 10 teams then... Not too hard to explain

That's why they use the term "MODERN NBA" That was a whole different game back then where you couldn't even cross over and there wasn't even 3 pointers..

fifth column

Superstar
Daps

How many teams were in the league when Bill Russell played? How many rounds were in the playoffs? Stop being disingenuous on the Coli :yeshrug:

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah he can't be the goat

SaS sid as long as he breathing he not gonna let it happen

Rob Parker

Guys like that

Its funny tho that they both have said they have not talked to lebron personally since

Lebron rookie season for rob Parker

And around lebrons 4th season for SAS

Skip never talked to him at all

But they all said they would love to be able to interview him

:ohhh:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
:sas1:Mike never lost in the finals

that ends the debate right there

But if you wanna keep it going...

The nikka threepeat’ed TWICE

took time off in between

:mjlol::mjtf::gladbron::whoo:
But he had YEARS of gettin smacked before that.....everyone always says MJ never lost, but he did, a lot...I was there for it and desperately wanted him to get over the hump (closer to my generation and all).....the ORGANIZATION made moves to get him the help he needed(Bron organization did the exact opposite).....the result of all those grinding years became the ruthless flawless execution that we loved.....but MJ bein 6-0 is misleading, yes he was that in the finals, but in the playoffs overall it’s a different story....from a playoff standpoint he basically broke even from his 1984-1990 career to his 1991-1998 career (minus 1yr).....I think Brons evens out similarly, just obviously different because his career is different

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean 5th ring, 2nd back to back, as the alpha on the Lakers at 36 years old?...the longevity starts to be something MJ's legacy can't touch just like MJ's perfection in the Finals (i know, i know) is something Bron's can't touch.

Jordan won a ring at 35.. nikka quit basketball for 2 years because his father was murdered came back and won 3 in a row. You can't question MJs longevity because he went first. If MJ knew what he knows now.. When they broke up the Bulls he would had went to the Knicks, Pacers, or Spurs to get more rings. Jordan on the Wizards was a business move.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Considering the amount of first round non finals playoff series losses mj got and the fact that bron gonna beat mj in all counting stats, a 5th ring makes him no less than mj equal :ehh:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Considering the amount of first round non finals playoff series losses mj got and the fact that bron gonna beat mj in all counting stats, a 5th ring makes him no less than mj equal :ehh:
Exactly...imo anyway, I watched Joe dumars lock MJ up, I watched when the Celtics singularly couldn’t handle MJ, but collectively as a team smack fire outta him, cuz his team skills weren’t up to par yet....I remember all this.....people only wanna remember mj six finals years like that’s the end all be all

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s not going to change anything with regards to MJ

He is already the GOAT winning 4 titles with 3 teams and being the best player in all of them
MJ could never did that
Infact he waited for his competition to grow old

Imagine if Lebron only beat the old Celtics and spent the rest of the decade beating up teams similar to this Miami Heat team (with only 1 star) This was MJs career

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
It’s not going to change anything with regards to MJ

He is already the GOAT winning 4 titles with 3 teams and being the best player in all of them
MJ could never did that
Infact he waited for his competition to grow old

Imagine if Lebron only beat the old Celtics and spent the rest of the decade beating up teams similar to this Miami Heat team (with only 1 star) This was MJs career
Imagine if he teamed up with Drexler and Barkley and won 2... Then left to go team up with Iverson and Garnett for another.... Then at the end, he goes and joins cleveland and young lebron for the last one

Get all the way the fukk out of here... When did switching teams become a harder road

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
How many rings or FMVPs he wins from this point forward is inconsequential, IMO. I personally don't think him winning a ring/FMVP this season gave him a greater case, simply because he doesn't need to win, he just needed to keep playing at a high level. Winning is all circumstantial; maintaining an all-time level of play isn't.

He's sitting at the same table that MJ is at, and has been for some time, but with that said, I think the time has passed where he can reserve a seat where he's sitting all by himself.

:manny:
Grand opening, grand closing

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I dont care if he wins 9 rings.

LeBron has never been the main guy to win.
he's always relied on a Top 5 player in the league

"never been the main guy"? :mjlol: Bron has been the best player on every team he has been on for 17 years. This year is the only year where its debatable.

Wade in '13
Kyrie in '16

Neither of them were top 5 players in the league