If Bron wins his 5th ring/5th FMVP next year, back to back with LA. Would you consider him GOAT?

??

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.4%
  • He’s already the GOAT

Votes: 44 19.3%
  • He will never be the GOAT

Votes: 59 25.9%
  • They would be about equal

Votes: 22 9.6%

• Total voters

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope, LeBron is 6’8 Westbrook on steroids
Bad teammate
Bad leader
Can’t play in a system
Coach killer
Makes his teammates worse
Flopper
Whiner
Least amount of skill compared to any legend in history
No go to moves besides pushing off and traveling
Bad shooter
Stat padder
Losing record in the Finals
4-6 with 14 all star teammates
Strongarms teams in free agency
Constantly needs a top 10 player to win, sometimes two
Egomanic

LeBron is the most manufactured superstar ever. Its amazing how they want to crown a man who has a losing record in the Finals the greatest its honestly hilarious LeBron can raise the dead he’ll never be considered the best of all time by anyone but his stan base online, most people outside of the internet dont even have lbj in their top 5 and thats the truth, they can use their eyes and see his legacy is completely fraudulent

and this is also playing in the weakest era ever, funny how this man leaped over like 10 people to get to #2, stop we need to discuss if hes even top 5 first lol but yeah yall lebron fans can keep trying to push it unless lebron wins 7 he’ll never be considered the universal greatest ever like Jordan, thats just how the cooki crumbles

@NoHateLeftBehind

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
All the first and 2nd round series they lost and were not favoured? What happened? The title was still on the line that season. They were champions crowned in those seasons and MJ wasnt there.

I think that people need to be consistent. If its titles, then Bill Russell has everyone beat. Everyone agrees that its not the right way to measure players, so forget about it and make better arguments.
I said MJ teams in the finals are favored. Who cares about 2nd round for MJ or not getting to the playoffs for Bron. Nobody is arguing MJ or Bron being goat their first few years in the NBA. They both got to the point for goat consideration once they started getting to the finals and winning chips. At some point y’all gonna have to think about what y’all are trying to argue about:yeshrug:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
This is the biggest negative of his career and is absolutely fair to bring up. The issue here is literally everyone else in the GOAT convo has one or more 2011 Finals moments, so I do think LeBron's moment is overvalued...

Only Bill and Mike don't have a 2011 Finals moment, and its more than fair to point out in comparison to those two. Compared to anyone else, you may as well not even bring up the '11 Finals unless you gonna do the exact same thing for the other candidates...

According to who? I think its a mix of both, there is no "rule" stating its only both at their most dominant. Its that plus the total body of work...

100%...

Bad and untrue posting...
If MJ didn’t win 6 rings with 6 fmvp or Bron didn’t go to 10 finals and win 4 then we would be arguing about 2 other players as goat, stop it. Their dominance over competition + winning in their era is why anybody cares about crowning goat so don’t fool yourself. How could MJ or Bron just show up and start winning chips without developing and going through the process to be the best.

Last edited:

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
:sas1:Mike never lost in the finals

that ends the debate right there

Neither did Scottie Pippen, who also three-peated twice and he's considered one of the GOATs. Considering Jordan never won anything of note until Pippen showed up -- nor has he won anything outside of Chicago and without Phil Jackson -- why isn't Pippen getting any argument?

Furthermore, if rings are the entire debate (and I know you kept going), then why isn't Robert Horry and his 7-0 record in the NBA Finals being mentioned?

LeBron brought CLEVELAND a championship and that trumps a whole lot of other Finals runs out there. Secondly, outside of 2018-19, the last DECADE of NBA Champions have either had LeBron on the winning team or defeated the team that had LeBron in the Finals. In THIS era? That's preposterous. It's literally become the LeBron Invitational.

Low-key the main thing MJ might have over LeBron is that you're more likely to die over a pair of Jordans than you are over a pair of LeBrons.

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
Long response incoming lol:

Honestly in my gut, I think its almost over for him as a high level, elite player. I expected he had at least one more run as arguably the greatest player alive, and this season proved me right...

I think when the cliff comes, its gonna come hard and fast, I expect a Peyton Manning type decline---->if you followed Manning's career, he started 2014 on fire and was back in the MVP race, then there was an abrupt slowdown mid-season and by the last quarter of the year he was clearly washed. The way that happened all in one season was astonishing to watch...

The end is coming at some point, I'm not of the opinion LeBron has 4 or 5 high level years left, particularly given signs of decline were shown this year. I know he wants to stay to see Bronny possibly in The League with him, which the earliest would be 2023-24, that would be Year 21 for LeBron. So overall, at best, I see LeBron playing 4 more years max, and I definitely don't expect him to be a Top 10 player at that point...

LeBron's personality also strikes me as the type though, if a hard cliff hits him the way it did Manning, I cant see him overstaying his welcome if he's hurting his team, because that's what it was with Manning. He was a negative on the field and he coulda tried to rejuvenate in the offseason and come back in '16, but he knew he couldn't. The previous 1.5 seasons dating to mid-14 was enough evidence that the level he was used to playing at was gone forever. Similarly, "if" that strong of a decline hits LeBron, I can see him leaving before 2024, but I dont see him past 2024 period...

He's got 3-4 years left, sooner if he loses it all quickly, so to circle back to your original question, he's done winning MVPs. The idea that he could repeat this level of play in Year 18, there just is no precedent for it, I think he remains a Top 10 player but we start seeing more age and the upcoming season will see a strong shift to AD as the complete focus of the team...

I have enough faith in Pelinka that they are gonna retool to keep the Lakers in contention for the foreseeable future, so I dont necessarily think Bron is done winning championships. Its too early to predict they go b2b, but I can definitely see one more chip within the next 2-3 years. Anything more than one is asking a lot, expecting him to get to 6, when we know the landscape of the sport changes fast and he will be assuredly a declining asset going forward...

I say he gets one more ring, maybe it comes in his very last season like Manning, maybe it comes sooner. One more ring, no more MVPs though and when they win that ring he will easily not be the best player on that team, though maybe he wins FMVP with a throwback performance?

Like most others though, at this point I've seen everything I need to see from LeBron. Literally nothing that happens in his career from here forward can hurt him because there is not a single precedent of someone at Year 18 or later being relevant as an elite player. Hes already been greater for longer than anyone in the history of the sport. He showed me in his first 13 years what he was, if he never wins another title, irrelevant to me. If he wins a title but AD or someone else is the best player on the team, irrelevant to me. If he gets to another Finals and his squad loses, doesn't matter. If he finally loses a Rd1 series, or misses another playoffs, or loses in the Semis or WCF that he hasn't lost in, in well over a decade, doesn't matter...

He's the greatest basketball player I've ever seen with the Grand Canyon between him and the next closest guy(s) in my 21 years watching The Game, and objectively he's one of the two greatest players to ever play, and maybe he isnt #1. But nothing that happens from here will change that, and I'm looking forward to when the next historical peer comes along to put his name in the LeBron level of GOATness (and I think Luka really has a shot at becoming a Top 5-10 GOAT)....

@murksiderock dope post! Even though MJ is number 1 on my list and LeBron is 1 on your list it's all good. I wish people would just appreciate both players instead of tearing them down.

:salute::salute:

At what point in LeBron's career did he surpass Jordan for you? Also, LeBron's performance in the 2011 finals, what were your thoughts on it?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@murksiderock dope post! Even though MJ is number 1 on my list and LeBron is 1 on your list it's all good. I wish people would just appreciate both players instead of tearing them down.

:salute::salute:

At what point in LeBron's career did he surpass Jordan for you? Also, LeBron's performance in the 2011 finals, what were your thoughts on it?

2011 was an abomination for LeBron. And for me, the only real stain on his legacy. He had won 2 of the 3 previous MVPs and while Rose is a fan favorite on The Coli, I very much remember real time discussions that Bron coulda won a 3rd MVP in a row in '11. He was on fire that year, on fire that postseason...

We've seen guys put up his kinda performance in The Finals, but it was mind-boggling how bad he was relative to the standards expected of him. And I was happy the Heat lost...

I've mentioned before, I wasn't always a Bron stan. Fan, yes, but I was a Melo Stan. Bron was probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite player, I was also a Tony Parker Stan (and still am). When he left Cleveland, I villainized him like many others. I didn't think it was a weak move, I just didn't like that he left Cleveland waiting to the final minute, I thought he owed them the courtesy beforehand of telling them he wouldn't come back...

I always thought Wade was a little overrated (still do), the idea of these guys winning multiple chips together before my guy Melo would pissed me off, so I rooted against them lol. I was also always a Dirk fan (still am), so i was elated he got that ring and happy he won it over the overrated Heat...

It was always evident to be LeBron was an All-Timer in waiting, but I shytted on him when Miami won in '12. I was rooting for OKC and the main thing I told people for the next year was that shyt was weak, came in a lockout year (which I never held against Duncan), I needed to see them repeat in a full season...

The year Bron got me back was '13, the 27-game win streak and the level of play he put on that regular season was far and away higher than anything I ever saw, this dude was playing in a completely different stratosphere than anyone else in The League. I was rooting for SA and Parker in The Finals, too. The decider to me was G6---->muhfukkas gas Allen's shot, which is one of the most clutch shots ever, but people completely skip over Bron going completely nuts in that second half, that 3 he hit prior to Allen's, his defensive playmaker in the 4th, he willed Miami to that win and Allen isn't even in position to make a shot that matters without Bron going crazy that 4th. And I said that in real time. When they won G7 and he closed that with another huge 4th, they proved me wrong that they could go b2b, win in a regular season, beat a mature, quality opponent in The Finals, etc. My 3-year run of lightweight hating on dude was over, it was clear he was a Top 10 All-Timer at that point...

Probably became a Stan after watching him look washed several different parts of 2015 but take that unit to a Finals and put on another All-Time Finals performance. nikkas in retrospect shyt on '15 because of his inefficiency but in real time that was a masterful manipulation if his game to put a severely limited roster in position to win, that was an All-Time performance...

As to when he passed Mike for me, I dont remember consciously thinking it, but probably '16. The thing is, and I've stated this many times, I was never under the impression Mike was greater than LeBron, just more accomplished and having a better path to those accomplishments. And I'm 31 and grew up with the same Jordan Propaganda everyone else did, I remember renting a Jordan book from my school library in like 4th grade (so 97-98) before I was even into ball like that, with the book basically a manifesto on how Mike was the greatest there was and ever would be...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
@Dave24 (cont):

My step-dad grew up in Little Rock and was 19 when he saw Mike's Heels get upset by the Hogs in person in '84 (he actually saw Mike and UNC's morning practice at his school too), and he followed Mike's entire career from that point forward. When I got into basketball heavy in my preteen and teens, so we're going early 00s here, we had conversations where my dad told me he respected Mike as one of the GOATs but not of some lane to himself, and explained his reasoning behind it (said he was a Dr J clone, and if The Doc didn't waste his first 5 years or so in ABA he'd have 6 rings too; said any Top 10 player could take Mike's place on the 90s Bulls and win those same championships, because even if styles of play were different, All-Timers have the "it" factor to make their team better, etc). He wasn't a Mike hater, he always said once Mike hit his peak he was the best player in the NBA. He just didn't respect how people said he was the greatest player ever with no competition for that label, when he'd been watching the sport since the mid-70s...

My dad is 55 now and we revisited the whole Mike thing 6 months ago when Last Dance dropped and he still feels the same: Mike is easily one of the GOATs to him but not THE GOAT, and once he saw Kobe hit his peak, then later LeBron, he saw two guys who could be just as decorated as Jordan if given the same circumstances because he didn't see Jordan as a better basketball player by any valuable margin...

So bringing it back to Bron, because I was never under the impression Mike was the highest bar or unrivaled GOAT, I never had the impression LeBron had a particular mountain to climb to reach Mike. Of course, as I started studying the game more and fleshing out my opinions, I did come to believe Mike was the best previous player, but not better than LeBron...

So while after the '13 Finals Bron was clearly Top 10 GOAT to me, '16 is the earliest I remember saying "damn this nikka the greatest player ever", so that would have to be when he passed Mike to, even though I didn't specifically match him with Mike in my brain. That was yet another All-Time Finals performance, and a completely unprecedented one, against a 90s Bulls-esque team. Those last three games were nothing short of an iconic performance. At that point, we were watching Bron in his 6th straight Finals and pulling of his 3rd win in 5 years...

So he'd put his team in Finals contention and made a Finals run earlier than Mike without a Pippen or Jackson to help him ('07). He went on a run to 6 straight Finals with two different teams without needing a mental reset/retirement along the way, that was a display of unrivaled mental toughness. He bounced back from a lower low than Mike ever had ('11), to go on a run paralleling Mike's against stronger competition, and hitting arguably a higher high than Mike ever had ('16 Finals); notwithstanding he wasnt far removed from winning 4 MVPs in 5 years, being snubbed a DPOY, being snubbed one or both the '11 or '14 MVP, dude legitimately coulda won 6 MVPs in a row....

I think all of these things in combination made it clear to me, that at the floor I was watching Mike's 1:1 equal, at best I was watching something greater than Mike. As previously mentioned though, I see the argument for Bron over Mike, but to me its mainly the fact he never had the '11 meltdown moment while being able to match Bron's highs. Thats the differentiator if I'm arguing for Mike...

I was never into ring counting to determine who was best so '16 was when I'd have to say he passed Mike to me. And everything since has probably just underscored that perspective and solidified it, but to be clear they are the two in my opinion who stand over everyone and I'm not mad at people who have Mike #1 as long as the argument isn't some agenda-driven shyt (6 rings, tougher era, mentally tougher, unbeatable, shyt like that)...

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
Ring Chasing is easier than Staying put and winning.
MJ plus Pippen and role players equals 6 rings
Lebron needed, Wade, Bosh, Love, Kyrie, and AD. three of which are better than pippen, and the others better than anybody not named pippen that jordan ever played with.

If Magic left the lakers after Kareem retired and joined the celtics or something he'd have like 9 or 10 rings.
If Jordan left the bulls after pippen left and joined the lakers he'd have like 9 or 10 ring too.
Lebron has shown only that that if he is playing alongside the current second best player in the league he can win a ring.
That's fine , it's still hard to do but other people have done that. Shaq had the second best player in the league during his threepeat.
Kareem had the second best player in the league during alot of his runs. but Pippen was only a top 15 type player. Great player but still Basically a Pau gasol level number 2. and MJ managed 6 with that team. The next best player he played with was rodman who couldn't even score.
That's like lebron threepeating twice with jimmy butler and andre drummad. He might get to the finals 5 or 6 times. But he wouldn't go 6 for 6.
Pippen was once top 3 in MVP voting

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ring Chasing is easier than Staying put and winning.
MJ plus Pippen and role players equals 6 rings
Lebron needed, Wade, Bosh, Love, Kyrie, and AD. three of which are better than pippen, and the others better than anybody not named pippen that jordan ever played with.

If Magic left the lakers after Kareem retired and joined the celtics or something he'd have like 9 or 10 rings.
If Jordan left the bulls after pippen left and joined the lakers he'd have like 9 or 10 ring too.
Lebron has shown only that that if he is playing alongside the current second best player in the league he can win a ring.
That's fine , it's still hard to do but other people have done that. Shaq had the second best player in the league during his threepeat.
Kareem had the second best player in the league during alot of his runs. but Pippen was only a top 15 type player. Great player but still Basically a Pau gasol level number 2. and MJ managed 6 with that team. The next best player he played with was rodman who couldn't even score.
That's like lebron threepeating twice with jimmy butler and andre drummad. He might get to the finals 5 or 6 times. But he wouldn't go 6 for 6.
I don't know what worse about this post. That fact that its so inaccurate and not true. Or the fact this poster believed it enough to type all this and post it.

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if he gets to 5, I’m not gonna say he’s the GOAT clear cut, but I’d put his resume up there against anyone and it would stack up.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Same here. I tell my best friend (who is a MAJOR Bron stan) this every other week. When the real heir to Jordan comes through, we won’t have to debate about it. There will be almost no disagreement. Like it or not MAGA Brady proved he was the GOAT and we all had to lean back. It was obvious he was the GOAT already by the time he beat the Seahawks but people still wanted to put Montana over him. Then he got ring number 5 after coming back being down 28-3 and the conversation was over. After getting the 6th ring it was overkill. He got two more than Montana in a sport where QBs lucky to get one. For Bron to even think about supplanting Jordan he would need to not match his ring count. He needs to get more because Jordan has him beat everywhere else and was so much more dominant. LeBron needs to get three more rings and he won’t. If he gets two more, it will be an argument but not a winning one because his record is so fukking spotty in comparison. When the REAL NEW GOAT comes in, he’s going to be averaging 30 points a game. Nikka going to be flying out the gym. Nikka going to be dominating with just a few role players and shooters....not a super team. He’s going to take a scrub team like the Hawks, Nets, Pacers, Magic, Grizzlies and completely turn their franchise around like Jordan did the Bulls or Steph with the Warriors. He’s going to break mad records, win every award you can think of. And even if he only gets 4 or 5 rings, he’ll STILL be looked at as better than Bron because he won’t have all the blemishes and he’ll be considered as good or better than Jordan. People won’t have to be crying to get him respect.

Ant might be it :wow: