If Andre 3000 was from NY, would he be universally accepted as the GOAT?

Mike Otherz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He isn't my favourite by any means, but sometimes you just got to bow down. His verse on sixteen, come on, was probably verse of the year contender with Nas on Triple Beam Dreams.

Thing is though, Andre has been way consistent with his greatness though. He has all the statistics. Classic albums, classic songs, classic verses, sales, crossover appeal, grammys, critical approval, longevity, resonant lyrics etc. Like he posts points in every single important category.

And yet, he gets props, but people stop from going all the way. Seems most people top 5 is in no particular order, Rakim, Big, Pac, Nas, Jay. Why can't Andre crack that consistently? Is is region racism?

He is definitely ahead of Jay fo. Possibly Big as well.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
He'd need to release a few solo's for NY to consider him the GOAT.

And even then, I dont know if East Coast purists would ride with him for stuff like say Love Below etc etc.

If anything, he'd be unfairly dismissed if he was from New York. Thats a tough crowd to please.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's def one of the greats and to be honest he should be considered the greatest.

He's alive, has bread, and raps when he feels like it not to make a living.

People want him to drop a album so they can dis miss all the bangers and joints he does have if it isn't 16 classic joints.

He was in a group that dropped 100% classic albums, 90% depending on who you ask, but thats not good enough. He needs a solo joint to prove that he's a great? It aint like albums now are all the artist with a couple a features. There a bunch of features with a bit of the artist.

nikka's is haters, and it don't help that dre from the south, talks with words of encouragement, expresses his feelings knows how to handle himself in the streets and has common sense. ( whats the last scandal or drama you seen him in?)

People are still waiting for him to fail and or mess up.

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
dre got arrested for goin over 100mph thru the backwoods of georgia..

nobody tripped..

dre aint goin nowhere..he from the south..history not changin..deal with it..

ice cold..

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
He's one of my personal favorites and I feel he had the potential.. But you can't be in the conversation when your only solo project is an experimental/non rap album..

But his top 10 verses are better than everyone else in the games top 10 verses, with the exception of Nas, Pac and Scarface...

Besides.. Nobody cares about NY's opinion on rap anymore.. This is 2012...They lost their credit rating...

Gil Scott-Heroin

āœŠšŸæ
Daps
3 THOU IS ONE OF THE GREATEST BLACK MEN TO EVER CROSS MOTHER EARTH. THE GREATEST BLACK POET OF THIS GENERATION. HE GOIN DOWN WITH RIC WRIGHT, TONI MORRISON, WELLY BROWN, TUPAC SHAKUR, MARCUS GARVEY, LANGSTON HUGHES, VICTOR SEJOUR, GWENDOLYN BROOKS, GIL SCOTT-HERON ETC ETC.

its the gawd 3 stacks.

thoushallhustle

All Star
Daps
3 THOU IS ONE OF THE GREATEST BLACK MEN TO EVER CROSS MOTHER EARTH. THE GREATEST BLACK POET OF THIS GENERATION. HE GOIN DOWN WITH RIC WRIGHT, TONI MORRISON, WELLY BROWN, TUPAC SHAKUR, MARCUS GARVEY, LANGSTON HUGHES, VICTOR SEJOUR, GWENDOLYN BROOKS, GIL SCOTT-HERON ETC ETC.

its the gawd 3 stacks.

truth. i am walking down the aisle to prototype

corrected:yeshrug:

i was tryna give them nikkas a little credit :lolbron:

shopthatwrecks

Certified Babble Detector Badge Number #281713
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
44 bricks...acre shaker
fukk them nikkas..

they booed dre n big when they 1st came on the scene..never really accepted them

now wanna be on that wha if shyt..

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
If Andre was from NY he wouldn't be Andre, so it's hard to say.
A big part of outkast greatness, is their GA influence, their GA music.

But no Andre will always be behind a few guys cause he never did anything solo, always top 10 never top 3.

Yecht

Superstar
Daps
Big Boi >>>>>> 3000

I'm sick of nukkas thinking because someone is different that they are "unique". If they are different in a bad way they are just a weirdo. As Chris Rock said, what ever happened to Crazy? Why isn't anyone just considered crazy anymore? Back in the day they took the shorter bus to school, were in the classroom down by the radiator room, and left an hour early so they couldn't go crazy on the normal kids.

Andre 3000, Missy Elliot, Lady GaGa....all in the same boat to me. They aren't special, they are fukking Crazy weirdos. And they ride the short music bus :beli:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Big Boi >>>>>> 3000

I'm sick of nukkas thinking because someone is different that they are "unique". If they are different in a bad way they are just a weirdo. As Chris Rock said, what ever happened to Crazy? Why isn't anyone just considered crazy anymore? Back in the day they took the shorter bus to school, were in the classroom down by the radiator room, and left an hour early so they couldn't go crazy on the normal kids.

Andre 3000, Missy Elliot, Lady GaGa....all in the same boat to me. They aren't special, they are fukking Crazy weirdos. And they ride the short music bus :beli:

typical, give the slightly above average nikka (the one you can relate to the most) the spotlight over the one that clearly brings that extra flare.

Its not so much that he's "different" and more about how different he expressed himself through his lyrics.

Clearly he's over your head if you think its all about him dressing ridiculous.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Big Boi >>>>>> 3000

:aicmon: