If Africa's borders looked like ethnic groups, it would look like this

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
the japanese didn't and they kept them out. organization is key, guns back then were not that better than swords and spears.

The Japanese also outlawed Christianity... in addition the Japanese gained the domestic ability to make guns but they gave it up as "European".

Most African states couldn't make guns/ammunition save a few like Samori Toure's Toucouleur Empire

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Wouldn't have happened. If whites left the continent alone, African powers would have grown and swallowed up multiple tribes into one (ala Qin/Han/Zhou dynasty in China or the Zulus before the British). Alot of people would've died so that sucks but, it would've happened regardless. Would've been better off in the long term as a large population of people would've been united under one culture instead of there being 10,000 different tribes.

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Japanese also outlawed Christianity... in addition the Japanese gained the domestic ability to make guns but they gave it up as "European".

Most African states couldn't make guns/ammunition save a few like Samori Toure's Toucouleur Empire

i'm talking about before that. when whites made contact with japan they found a organized society rather than a loose set of tribes like in most places which was easier to conquer.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
i'm talking about before that. when whites made contact with japan they found a organized society rather than a loose set of tribes like in most places which was easier to conquer.

I think your misconception of pre-colonial Africa is off.

First, Africa is a big continent. Before Europeans conquered it you can find human organizational relationships ranging from hunter-gatherer Khoisan in the Kalahari all the way to organized states such as Benin, Ethiopia or Almoravid North Africa.

Even organized states like the Asante Empire were felled by Europeans.

Edit: Asia is also big too. From Negritos in the Philippines to Qing China :yeshrug:

Last edited:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wouldn't have happened. If whites left the continent alone, African powers would have grown and swallowed up multiple tribes into one (ala Qin/Han/Zhou dynasty in China or the Zulus before the British). Alot of people would've died so that sucks but, it would've happened regardless. Would've been better off in the long term as a large population of people would've been united under one culture instead of there being 10,000 different tribes.

this is true with time the most densely populated parts of africa, ie west africa, would of evolved into a homogeneous and organized society

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment

I think the Zulus would've overtaken nearly, if not all of the Southern portion of Africa. You have to look at history in an objective sense because alot of people were slaughtered by the Zulus. But, like I said, you'd have a large region united under one culture instead of 10,000 tribes fighting against each other. The British stopped all that of course.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra

This did happen to some extend already in West Africa. The Hausa swallowed up the various ethnic groups of Northern Nigeria as the Sokoto Caliphate expanded. Likewise, the Zulu absorbed (or chased out) many Nguni speaking peoples.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Yeah. Also, Ethiopia only survived because of:

A) Its mountains
B) Landlocked
C) One of the least industrialized states in Europe tried to conquer it (Italy)

Yeah Italy was a trash ass military. No offense but Ethiopians got lucky. This is why I give Africans like the Somalis, Asante, Mandinka and Zulus credit because they went up against REAL European powers like the French and even British and resisted for a very long time giving them both hard battles. Especially the Asante with the British...