CxE6dmFWEAAn2Sz.jpg

CxE6ew5WQAITMf1.jpg

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Interesting.
The colonial powers that divided up Africa and the Middle East (against the advice of TE Lawrence) are largely to blame for the mess they left behind.

BocaRear

The World Is My Country, To Do Good Is My Religion
Daps
The borders and nations are artificial in Africa - it's the reason why all the governments are so corrupt and why the continent has its resources plundered.
It's classical divide and conquer where one ethnic group is pitted against another so as the colonial masters retain supremacy.

The same thing happened in The Middle East.

Honestly, you can trace practically all the worlds geo-political issues in the 21st century to colonialism.:francis:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nah the cacs had guns. Nothing Africa could do at the time they were just destined to lose that battle. Maybe could have made it more of a fight though, taken those cacs to hell in larger numbers.

the japanese didn't and they kept them out. organization is key, guns back then were not that better than swords and spears.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
As it pertains to Upper Guinea it's but a rough outline. On second look it's not as bad as it seemed at first, though I can't vouch on the accuracy of the borders. I assume they just delineated the main groups (largest population), because a detailed map would be far more fragmented. I realize now that the map was created in 1959; there has since been significant migrations in the coastal areas.

Yeah. It's impossible to visually capture all of Africa's ethno-linguistic groups. Colonialists tried though :mjpls: