Ice Cube Wants ‘Friday’ Franchise Back From Warner Bros: ‘They Need To Do The Right Thing’

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Friday franchise is pretty much dead as far as box office appeal.

Seth Rogen and other cacs keep making dudebro slacker movies that keep making money. So nothing is over if the public still likes it.

So Cube should stop whining, come up with a new slacker comedy, call it Saturday, which he'll have ownership of, bring in some new actors while tying it to the past and keep it moving.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Seth Rogen and other cacs keep making dudebro slacker movies that keep making money.
Seth Rogen hasn't had a movie in theaters that he made as a writer or producer since 2016.

Judd Apatow hasn't had one that released in theaters since 2015.

They are working on streaming TV or straight to netflix/VOD stuff nowadays.

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
chris-tucker-smokey.gif

mike-epps-mhmm.gif

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
And what's he going to do if he gets the franchise back? A lot of the cast members from the original movie (the only good one IMO) are no longer with us or they do not want to return. Everyone else is 50 years old or more now. Just move on. Ask Cube if he knows of any plans for another Jump Street movie or something.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
And what's he going to do if he gets the franchise back? A lot of the cast members from the original movie (the only good one IMO) are no longer with us or they do not want to return. Everyone else is 50 years old or more now. Just move on. Ask Cube if he knows of any plans for another Jump Street movie or something.
he wants to make last friday with his script
warner brothers didn't like his script ideas

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Another All About the Benjamins sounds better than another a Friday to me :yeshrug:

That’s if he were to get the franchise back

Franchise already lost its touch when FAN came around (still considering one 20 years later with cats gone? shiiit)

I enjoy Friday and Next Friday still however

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another All About the Benjamins sounds better than another a Friday to me :yeshrug:

That’s if he were to get the franchise back

Franchise already lost its touch when FAN came around (still considering one 20 years later with cats gone? shiiit)

I enjoy Friday and Next Friday still however
Friday After Next is arguably better than Next Friday

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But Taylor found a loophole and now her old catalogue is essentially worthless and she's up right now:russ: Taylor said fukk it I'll re-record my shyt and her fans support that AND her new shyt

I don't know the Stallone situation

My comparison to Taylor would be that Cube should've kept building the Cubevision name/IP into something big enough to leverage Friday back or make the studio regret not letting him have the name back.
I mean, yeah. But you’re suggesting it like the shyt is easy or simple or not a huge risk as well. Just build Cubevision up lol.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Honestly he needs to let go of a new friday movie, especially if dj pooh not involved
The time passed
But if they do, do it
The movie should revolve around pops funeral on a friday
That way they could bring back most of the orginal cast with dey dey and uncle elroy