Ice Cube Wants ‘Friday’ Franchise Back From Warner Bros: ‘They Need To Do The Right Thing’

Cornershooter

Banned
Daps
I'd like for Cube to have the Friday name back but I also think his focus on it has cut him off at the knees when you consider what Cubevision could've been

While waiting on a new Friday all this time he could've created/produced more hood comedies, especially considering he basically created the genre

Cube is like the prototype to Tyler Perry, who essentially took Cube's format and 100x'd it

A Tyler Perry Films equivalent of Cubevision would've been :wow:
I agree 100 % breh :salute:

On top of that if he was doing his own things outside of Friday . It would actually be easier to make another Friday . He kind of dropped the ball

I never thought about that comparison. He definitely could have been 10 times bigger then Tyler perry . shyt him and Tyler could have worked together

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Even if it only grossed 60 mil, paying them what they paid them is some bs agree?
That’s not Ice Cubes problem though that they didn’t negotiate better deals just like it’s WB problem that Cube doesn’t have the bread to buy the rights back to the film. WB backing the film was the reason why it got created in the first place as films cost money to produce and actors don‘t have the bread to do it on their own.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Theoretically they could, but Cube doesn’t have the type of bread like that to buy the rights. It’s the same situation people like Stallone and Swift found themselves in with someone else owning their stuff, which is why they resort to public pressure which won’t help their cause.
But Taylor found a loophole and now her old catalogue is essentially worthless and she's up right now:russ: Taylor said fukk it I'll re-record my shyt and her fans support that AND her new shyt

I don't know the Stallone situation

My comparison to Taylor would be that Cube should've kept building the Cubevision name/IP into something big enough to leverage Friday back or make the studio regret not letting him have the name back.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
But Taylor found a loophole and now her old catalogue is essentially worthless and she's up right now:russ: Taylor said fukk it I'll re-record my shyt and her fans support that AND her new shyt

My comparison to Taylor would be that Cube should've kept building the Cubevision name/IP into something big enough to leverage Friday back or make the studio regret not letting him have the name back.
In the case Stallone, he created the characters but doesn’t own the rights to the film which is why they can keep it going without him, but still gave him a producer credit for Creed 3. I don’t know why he stopped having his production company in the credits for his movies even if it was INO.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

On top of that if he was doing his own things outside of Friday . It would actually be easier to make another Friday . He kind of dropped the ball

I never thought about that comparison. He definitely could have been 10 times bigger then Tyler perry . shyt him and Tyler could have worked together
Nikkas can hate them garbage ass movies all they want but Tyler mastered the blueprint and nikkas could learn a lot from his moves

Imagine a Cubevision with 50 movies under it's belt, all owned by Cube with a distribution deal with Lionsgate or whoever. Cube went for the major Hollywood releases instead of cultivating a chitlin circuit base like Tyler did. Black folks need to realize that the chitlin circuit will support you for life and them nikkas don't cancel you. Boosie is a prime example

Cube could be sitting on a B just like Tyler:wow:

Cornershooter

Banned
Daps
In the case Stallone, he created the characters but doesn’t own the rights to the film which is why they can keep it going without him, but still gave him a producer credit for Creed 3. I don’t know why he stopped having his production company in the credits for his movies even if it was INO.
This nikka killing everyone with zero emotion just facts :dead:

You need to change your name to the thavoiceofreason

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aight yea that explains why he's so mad about Creed 3:russ:

Damba

All Star
Supporter
Daps

Maybe they should just let Friday go and make “Saturday”

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

Scooter braun thought he came up w the catalog:heh:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Friday franchise is pretty much dead as far as box office appeal.

Though I could see them spinning it off as a streaming TV show dealing with neighborhood fukkery, with new characters and only OG Friday characters making cameos.

• Dap
Reactions: OsO