I youtube searched all the songs Iceberg Slim name drops in his book "Pimp" and my mind was blown

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
“He would say, “Always remember whether you be sucker or hustler in the world out there, you’ve got that vital edge if you can iron-clad your feelings. I picture the human mind as a movie screen. If you’re a dopey sucker, you’ll just sit and watch all kinds of mindwrecking, damn fool movies on that screen.”
He said. “Son, there is no reason except a stupid one for anybody to project on that screen anything that will worry him or dull that vital edge. After all, we are the absolute bosses of that whole theatre and show in our minds. We even write the script. So always write positive, dynamic scripts and show only the best movies for you on that screen whether you are pimp or priest.”

Words to live by

morris

Superstar
Daps
We should all pool our money together and pitch OP's idea with le$$er star$

this way if it becomes a hit, we can all benefit

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I read Pimp a couple months ago. Fascinating

one part confused me just due to the lingo back then but I’m pretty sure I’m right. At one point Iceberg meets a white girl and goes to her place when her parents are out of town and he then writes in the words of those days, but correct me if I’m wrong, that girl had a dikk?

reason I question it is how the hell would a pimp not tell what a tranny is lol

-Quikness-

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good thread OP

I’ve owned this book for a long time haven’t read it for over 10 years

Will dust that bytch off later :blessed:

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
I read Pimp a couple months ago. Fascinating

one part confused me just due to the lingo back then but I’m pretty sure I’m right. At one point Iceberg meets a white girl and goes to her place when her parents are out of town and he then writes in the words of those days, but correct me if I’m wrong, that girl had a dikk?

reason I question it is how the hell would a pimp not tell what a tranny is lol

haha yeah..he said that shyt looked like a cobra when it popped up. He took the piggy bank full of money and left him/her tied up :russ::myman:

CobaltBlue

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Ful Co.
“He would say, “Always remember whether you be sucker or hustler in the world out there, you’ve got that vital edge if you can iron-clad your feelings. I picture the human mind as a movie screen. If you’re a dopey sucker, you’ll just sit and watch all kinds of mindwrecking, damn fool movies on that screen.”
He said. “Son, there is no reason except a stupid one for anybody to project on that screen anything that will worry him or dull that vital edge. After all, we are the absolute bosses of that whole theatre and show in our minds. We even write the script. So always write positive, dynamic scripts and show only the best movies for you on that screen whether you are pimp or priest.”

Words to live by

:lawd:
Remember reading that years ago and how it really stuck.

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
I read Mike Tysons autobiography and he went to visit Iceberg Slim a few times at his apartment in South Central
:wow:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I read some summaries of Donald Goines book

Seems like he just wrote the most gruesome street shyt imaginable

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
In Donald Goines book he wrote about a dope fiend having sex with a dog and I’ve heard other drug lords from that era talking about that very same shyt

Nikkas today are not on that type of time shyt is absolutely vile. Demonic c00n shyt.

Last edited: