I youtube searched all the songs Iceberg Slim name drops in his book "Pimp" and my mind was blown

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
I read this book a few times after hearing Tariq Nasheed talking about it, great study of the pimp game in the 70's...Iceberg's interviewed in here, its a great read

BlackPlayers-757919.jpg

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Idk if the world is ready for that one cause Iceberg was the real deal..Hustle & Flow soft shoed it but would we really wanna see hoes gettin cussed out, slapped up whipped etc etc..that monkey on his back..the hotel incident :merchant: And the day his heart turned cold when his moms broke his step pops heart : mjcry:

My score to Iceberg would look like this

Last edited:

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
I read this book a few times after hearing Tariq Nasheed talking about it, great study of the pimp game in the 70's...Iceberg's interviewed in here, its a great read

BlackPlayers-757919.jpg
This here is really the definitive book on what pimping is, what it is to be a pimp, the pimp/hoe relationship, trick mentality, macking etc.

People who wrote the book where anthropologist from Cal so the whole context is put into perspective pertaining to social structures and sub cultures within America and the inner city abroad.

This and Donald Goines books gave me a lot of game and insight into the grimey underworld of the 70's and how its relevent today.

I first read it in 90'.

DrHackenbush

Daps
This here is really the definitive book on what pimping is, what it is to be a pimp, the pimp/hoe relationship, trick mentality, macking etc.

People who wrote the book where anthropologist from Cal so the whole context is put into perspective pertaining to social structures and sub cultures within America and the inner city abroad.

This and Donald Goines books gave me a lot of game and insight into the grimey underworld of the 70's and how its relevent today.

I first read it in 90'.

Yeah I agree 100% man...Plus they just let the pimps/ho's talk and didnt really offer too many of their own opinions which was great. Some of the analogies used in the book by some of the pimps were crazy, they had a whole different way of looking at the world and some deep insights into the human pysche. Wish I had of read this when I was a teenager, so much wisdom in it

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Force us all to take a journey into your sick imagination brehs:why:

Anywhere in there did you apoligize to hiphop?since if irrc youve been running around acting like hiphop is the cause of all black ills in this country...turns out it was Billie Holliday and random nikkas named Rockaboot Willy:pachaha:

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Yeah I agree 100% man...Plus they just let the pimps/ho's talk and didnt really offer too many of their own opinions which was great. Some of the analogies used in the book by some of the pimps were crazy, they had a whole different way of looking at the world and some deep insights into the human pysche. Wish I had of read this when I was a teenager, so much wisdom in it
Man straight up!

I mean this is actually the pimping manual.

And the aspect and understanding of 'love' in a pimp/hoe relationship can be a study upon itself.

DrHackenbush

Daps
Man straight up!

I mean this is actually the pimping manual.

And the aspect and understanding of 'love' in a pimp/hoe relationship can be a study upon itself.

Man I always think back to one of the stories in that book. One of the pimps who was into horseback riding took one of his ho's with him. They were out there and something happened with the horse, it panicked and reared up on its back legs aggressively while the pimp was nearby..They interviewed the ho after and asked her about it and she said something like "man it was crazy, I'm just glad my man didnt hurt the horse when that happened"

Like that was the level of game these dudes had, she was more worried about her pimp fukking up the horse than the other way around, which would have been the natural worry for her to have in that situation :ohhh:

Crazy stuff man, those dudes really pimped by the book. The way they broke down the triangle of pimping too, how you have the johns/squares paying the ho who pays the pimp who spends it all cars and jewellery etc and ends up putting that money right back into the square dudes hands

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

BlackPlayers-757919.jpg

Tariq took over the publishing for that book the same way Birdman took over the publishing for Iceberg Slims catalogue. That's a good look in both cases. Tariq Nasheed is the closest thing this era has to an Iceberg Slim, tho I believe that Tariq has taking the "hustle" to a more up to date and wiser direction.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Idk if the world is ready for that one cause Iceberg was the real deal..Hustle & Flow soft shoed it but would we really wanna see hoes gettin cussed out, slapped up whipped etc etc..that monkey on his back..the hotel incident :merchant: And the day his heart turned cold when his moms broke his step pops heart : mjcry:

My score to Iceberg would look like this

Johnny Watson was a pimp too