I youtube searched all the songs Iceberg Slim name drops in his book "Pimp" and my mind was blown

NvrCMyNut

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pimps are the lowest form of humanity a man can be besides being a paedophile. I know there's a lot of glorification of criminal elements but the glorification of this particular type of scum has never been right with me. That Midwest/Bay area pimp culture is garbage to the core.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Been meaning to read the Iceberg Slim books I have. I absolutely LOVE the Donald Goines novels :wow:

Read ever Donald Goines book.

Swamp Man will make a Black man wanna kill the nearest whiteman after reading it.:mad::angry:

That scene in "whitemans justice black mans burden " when the big dude made the punk eat the melted chocolate bar out of dudes ass:scust:

Death List when the hitman strangled the little girl to death with her own braids and left the playpen in front of the door so dude can be like "what the hell?" Before seeing his dead kids :mjcry:

The way the old dude just randomly mentioned how Whoreson finds punks to rape while in prison
:ohhh:

Daddy cool finding out his daughter was hoing. :ooh:

I felt bad for the pregnant shorty killing herself after having sex with a dog for heroin in Dopefiend. She dropped the dope after cooking it and hung herself and ol girl found her with the baby hanging dead from the umbilical cord. :sadbron:That visual was crazy.

Donald Goines always had 1 scene that messes with your head in each book.

That Kenyatta series did jump the shark when they hijacked the plane. :stopitslime:

Never Die Alone as a movie was weak and so was Black Gangster.

But they did do a decent job on Iceberg Slims book turned movie Trick Baby.

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Pimps are the lowest form of humanity a man can be besides being a paedophile. I know there's a lot of glorification of criminal elements but the glorification of this particular type of scum has never been right with me. That Midwest/Bay area pimp culture is garbage to the core.

Sounds like u never read the book nor seen the documentary. There is no glorification. In the book and docu Iceberg Slim loses everything he worked for while pimping. It's a "don't make the same misrake" story. Its more of a history lesson about how Black people struggled for survival in early 20th century North America. There's one scene were Baby Bell breaks down how the first rich Blackmen in America were gamblers and pimps and how after slavery the whiteman would come into The ghettos and just muscle there way to having Sex with Blackwomen for free as if still on the plantation and how the black pimps regulated all of that. Real interesting info on a part of Black history that we don't talk about on the regular.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
double...tripple.

These servers are outta pocket :laugh:

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Sounds like u never read the book nor seen the documentary. There is no glorification. In the book and docu Iceberg Slim loses everything he worked for while pimping. It's a "don't make the same misrake" story. Its more of a history lesson about how Black people struggled for survival in early 20th century North America. There's one scene were Baby Bell breaks down how the first rich Blackmen in America were gamblers and pimps and how after slavery the whiteman would come into The ghettos and just muscle there way to having Sex with Blackwomen for free as if still on the plantation and how the black pimps regulated all of that. Real interesting info on a part of Black history that we don't talk about on the regular.

Def sounds like these more dimension to it than I assumed.

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
You should respect the game

Although I agree that some pimps are really just bummy leaches who don't even have a car

Scientific Playa

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Championships
saw this recently while surfing the net

The Hustle-The Story of Robert beck aka Iceberg Slim

One of the first people Bob told Betty about was his mentor a notorious pimp – and killer, named “Baby” Bell. Born Albert Bell in Omaha, Nebraska in 1899, Bell – a gambler at the time, migrated to the Windy City sometime in 1930 from Minnesota. It is then that he caught the attention of the infamous Jones Brothers, an organization which ran vice in Black Chicago.

In the book, Pimp the character of Sweet Jones is based on Bell. Although Bob exaggerated Bell’s features – making him a huge black skinned giant, when he was really short, fat and light-skinned, Beck made no exaggerations at all about Bell’s infamy.

According to newspaper clippings from the Chicago Defender, Baby Bell was a psychopath who had a penchant for murder. On June 4th 1943 Bell shot and killed a good friend in cold blood. The Black press and the Black community were enraged as popular attorney Euclid L Taylor (the Johnnie Cochrane of his time) got him acquitted.

“How could it be”, wrote one incensed Defender reader, “that a man commits a crime and goes free without justice being served upon him.” That was because according to the Defender, approximately “thirty to forty people” witnessed Bell leave the balcony of his apartment on 124 East Garfield Blvd. and shoot Preston Ray five times – the last shot going through his throat.

Popular Chicago Defender columnist Henry Brown described Bell as “a blustering, swaggering braggart”, who ruled the underworld. Others described him as “despicable” and “savage.”

For whatever reason, Bob revered Bell so much that he even named his children after him: Robin Bell and Bellissa Beck.

According to Beck’s friend Lamar Hoke, Jr., Baby Bell was a “boss player” (as those in the life would say). “Here was a black man in the 1930’s mind you,” Hoke told me on the phone, “that had a stable of Oriental hoe’s that used to chauffer him around in his Duesenberg. He had a white ocelot that wore a diamond on its collar and had a long gold chain for a leash. He lived in an exclusively white area at a time when Black people didn’t do that kind of thing. He was politically connected downtown. He was virtually untouchable.”

Indeed Bell was invulnerable back then, according to the book Kings: The True Story of Chicago’s Policy Kings and Numbers Racketeers by Nathan Thompson, along with being a pimp, Bell was an enforcer for the Jones Brothers.

One night Betty approached Bob with a thought: “You know, if you put all of these stories in a book…people would buy it.” But Bob dismissed the idea.

To Betty’s way of thinking, she says that she doubted if any white people had ever heard stories about the world that Bob was from and that a great many of them would find it interesting.

Chapter 10: The Unwritten Book

Chapter 10: The Unwritten Book Summary and Analysis
Chris leaves and Blood immediately regrets her disappearance. He calls Glass Top for more drugs, but one of his whores says he is out of town. He asks if she has Sweet Jones' phone number, which she gives him only after calling Sweet first to ask his permission. He goes over to Sweet's penthouse to get more advice on how to run a successful pimping game. Sweet is very educated in the pimping game, including relaying the history and origins of pimping to Blood. By the end, Sweet is telling him he loves him and to stop grinning all the time. He tells him how to get Runt to work better and how to get a stronger group of girls under him. Sweet tells him about the Cop and Blow scheme,