I wonder, is English the hardest language to learn out of all languages?

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
It always tripped me out when folk be like their grandparents learned English by watching a particular tv show

Guess they wont bullshyttin

That's why the focus from learning straight out of text shifted to vocational learning, 'cause often times they'd see a word, notice it looked like another word, felt that it followed the same phonetical tennants and then end up creating more confusion when you gotta explain that Bomb and Tomb, are on different sides of "Boom"
While I never fancied myself to be a teacher of any sort, I quickly peaced out of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) tutoring classes because you'd literally see these people brains catch fire in real time having to go through the phonics of words which often brought on anger/frustration rather than determination to succeed.
The 3 folk I had to deal with, after I quit I continued to help pro bono, So I just gave them a bunch of Spaghetti westerns to watch and they all claimed it helped. That and fukking Dragnet.
:yeshrug:
They all passed.​

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Self learning. Fell off a bit because of life.

Input Immersion. It's not for everybody but it's a good way to pick up a language. Spanish teacher in high school deadass said the curriculum she has to follow is ass and wanted us to watch an hour of Telemundo or Spanish TV/films without subtitles and do everything in Spanish for at least an hour a day and try to soak it in. Most of the class were :childplease: on that.

But the ones that actually tried it were better at pronunciation and comprehension.

Check out FromZero the first course is free and even teaches Osaka-Ben. What’s nice is that he teaches it from the perspective of a foreigner, not a pretentious CAC.

Plus he has a YouTube channel dedicated to each lesson.

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps

You and everyone else trying to apply logic to English words after learning the proper enunciation of one, only to realize that it doesn't apply across the board. I'm not sure if it's the same for other languages, but English is notorious for that shyt.​
I realized studying other languages

OliviaTwist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Souf
I can imagine that it is hard to learn. Most folks need at least a college education to speak and write it without mistakes.
Obviously I spoke it but honestly I got better with the grammar part of English by learning a different languages in high school and college. Because what you mean “present progressive, gerunds, and past participles”:hubie:
The question should be as adults which one is harder.

American English seems very hard to learn
I can believe it

Even Americans don’t appreciate how big and different American English since there’s a lot of regional differences within the same country. I know a bit of Spanish but I learned “Spanish” Spanish and struggle if I’m talking to a Latin American. I spoke to a Dominican guy that lived and learned English somewhere up north. He said when he came down south and having to deal with southern American English he felt like he had to re-learn. But we’re in Memphis so I can imagine having to talk to us lol. Said the hardest word he had to wrap his head around was “finna”