I wonder, is English the hardest language to learn out of all languages?

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I can imagine that it is hard to learn. Most folks need at least a college education to speak and write it without mistakes.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps

The English language, fundamentally is confusing on paper, so the majority of fluent non native speakers gain firm footholds watching established media rather than doing the theory on it, so alot of interaction and immersion through entertainment strengthens that grasp.​

It always tripped me out when folk be like their grandparents learned English by watching a particular tv show

Guess they wont bullshyttin

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Man obviously English has to be the easiest.
People be only here for 2yrs and can have full blown conversations.
I'm always surprised how quickly people learn English.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
The best advice I was ever given was read the sentence backwards. Japanese structure of Subject Object Verb fukks with Americans since we’re SVO.

Where you learning nihongo at breh?

Self learning. Fell off a bit because of life.

It always tripped me out when folk be like their grandparents learned English by watching a particular tv show

Guess they wont bullshyttin

Input Immersion. It's not for everybody but it's a good way to pick up a language. Spanish teacher in high school deadass said the curriculum she has to follow is ass and wanted us to watch an hour of Telemundo or Spanish TV/films without subtitles and do everything in Spanish for at least an hour a day and try to soak it in. Most of the class were :childplease: on that.

But the ones that actually tried it were better at pronunciation and comprehension.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Self learning. Fell off a bit because of life.

Input Immersion. It's not for everybody but it's a good way to pick up a language. Spanish teacher in high school deadass said the curriculum she has to follow is ass and wanted us to watch an hour of Telemundo or Spanish TV/films without subtitles and everything in Spanish for at least an hour a day and try to soak it in. Most of the class were :childplease: on that.

But the ones that actually tried it were better at pronunciation and comprehension.
I'm finna try that shyt.

How long they say it take?

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Probably, the grammar aint nothing to play with. I mean look at the were, where or whose, who's bs. So much nuance to it