I wish I never threw my PS2 in the trash

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
This. The fact that Sony was more willing to systematically dismantle the PsX/PS2 era of backwards compatibility with the PS3 when they software modded the fat PS3's until they could start shipping new units with the ability taken out all together just so they could pimp that woefully inadequate PS classic section through their online service was one of the biggest kicks in the cock I've seen from a company in the game industry for some time.

shyt made me double down on buying a second ps2 for when my original slim kicks the bucket.
If broke boys would've bought them, that never would've happened. :stopitslime:

Last edited:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
If broke boys would've bought them, that never would've happened. :stopitslime:

What never would have happened to be specific? If you're talking about them nuking the Backwards compatibility so that they could profit on both ends of anyone looking to play older games, then I doubt it, since Sony, like Nintendo are going to do their best to make sure that your gaming experience is dependent on their support, or lack there of, in case of the shyte quality of games they bothered to put in the PS Classic section for the American Side of it.

I mean, when you see shyt like Barbie and Army Man games with nary a Brave Fencer Musashi, Einhander or Hoshigami in the mix (Atleast on the American side) you gotta wonder if these cats ever really gave a fukk about the ability in the first place, especially when they went from making sure it was a priority that gamers had as an incentive to cop the next gen system on launch where games are always sparse and some users might tend to want to wait until the library is built up to make a purchase, to straight out saying that it's an underutilized feature....right before they brought out that shyte classic shop.

Plus couple that with the sale of new and refurbished ps2s still being pumped out from Sony at the time, since the demand to play older games, especially at a time when the PS3 was criticized as having no games worthy of owning/keeping it up, and you got a nice little venture going creating such a demand. It didn't effect me personally since I always keep my old shyt until it can't be repaired any more, but Sony knew exactly what they were doing with Backward compatibility when they decided to hinder that shyt. Smart move, but ultimately, it's "fukk 'em" for it.

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shiiit mine had some kind of error where it wouldnt read the disc. I looked up online how to fix it, opened that bytch up fixed it with clear tape (:mjlol:) and she still purrin like a kitten decades later :obama:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I just copped a PS2 slim off eBay for $75 last month. Everything was working and I bought ncaa football 06 and other games. The games are way better than the ps4 game out. Get ncaa football 2006 up :wow:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Give it time. Sony probably will drop a ps2 classic on us.

Ya boy finna hack it and get more games