I think the problem with the DCU films coming from the perspective of a casual like myself is that

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
I just don’t understand what these movies are trying to convey and what climax they are leading too. With marvel you understand what each standalone film is(no matter the quality) and how it leads to them all coming together for the ultimate battle. So far every DC movie just feels disjointed. The JL movies just randomly throws in the mother boxes. Darkseid is mentioned maybe twice and no connection is brought up with him and steppenwolf. Each character has no purpose, thin backstory, and are just thrown on screen. Nobody shines outside Superman. I have no interest in seeing any standalone film like I did with BP and Spider-Man coming out of civil war. And you could honestly pull the DC movies apart and it wouldn’t ruin continuity at all outside the death of Superman. Am I off base here?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I just don’t understand what these movies are trying to convey and what climax they are leading too. With marvel you understand what each standalone film is(no matter the quality) and how it leads to them all coming together for the ultimate battle. So far every DC movie just feels disjointed. The JL movies just randomly throws in the mother boxes. Darkseid is mentioned maybe twice and no connection is brought up with him and steppenwolf. Each character has no purpose, thin backstory, and are just thrown on screen. Nobody shines outside Superman. I have no interest in seeing any standalone film like I did with BP and Spider-Man coming out of civil war. And you could honestly pull the DC movies apart and it wouldn’t ruin continuity at all outside the death of Superman. Am I off base here?

If only they took their time..... :snoop:

Those after credits scenes that got deleted from JL pissed me off even more seeing how they were leading towards the building of the Legion of Doom. Now that would have been something original and different than the MCU joints with the big bad villain in Thanos vs an entire team of the top Supervillains. JL vs Legion of Doom would have been dope to see on screen, but they fumbled the fukk outta the ball.

I liked JL, thought it was a solid 7.5/10. Liked it a little more than Thor 3. But Feige and Marvel had an organized plan and took their time. The funny thing is that most of the MCU movies haven't even been that great, but you wanted to see them all due to the fact that you know the payoff was coming (Thanos). And now look......

I still think it can be saved though, but they need a plan and patience. The plan isn't the problem....it's the patience. Hollywood has none.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
But the visuals though!:ohhh:

200w.gif

giphy.gif

WHAT MORE DO YALLL WANT FROM THEM!!!!!!?????:why:

Martha

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
What ever happened about that vision of Flash traveling back in time to worn Batman about Superman or the vision of Superman in an apocalyptic future? Was that just random? Why was Batman so eager to resurrect Superman after those visions and earlier beefs. Dude became a Stan for Superman over a namesake?

The scrips have been ass and shyt feels like a money grab above all else.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
I don’t have a dog in the fight when it comes to all this CBM shyt and honestly I wanted to like the DCU movies more than I do, but they feel like ill fated cashgrabs with damaging studio interference :yeshrug:
SS particularly for me. Would’ve really liked to have seen what the original version of it would’ve been like.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
What ever happened about that vision of Flash traveling back in time to worn Batman about Superman or the vision of Superman in an apocalyptic future? Was that just random? Why was Batman so eager to resurrect Superman after those visions and earlier beefs. Dude became a Stan for Superman over a namesake?

So true, the Flash time travel shyt along with the Batman wearing a jacket in a dream sequence was just dumb. And then in JL they act like it never happened.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La

Breh realized nobody in the squad could step to Steppenwolfe like that. And judging how much they were all gettin their asses beat and then how fast Supes gave him those hands he made the right call :russ:

But him acting like he was lifelong friends with Clark was weird. They knew each other for all of a couple of hours beforehand :pachaha: