I think sports fans are some of the dumbest people in our society

s3ven_LvLs

All Star
Daps
I just got into watching sports more frequently these past two years. Before that I like to play but rather do other things with my time as opposed to watching.

What draws me to watch is the competition. I want to see two different entities go against each other to see who has more skill and athleticism. These people put a lot of work construct ing themselves to be healthy and have the right strategy against their opponent.watching it can be very exciting.
If ain't for you then it ain't for you though:manny:

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
I just got into watching sports more frequently these past two years. Before that I like to play but rather do other things with my time as opposed to watching.

What draws me to watch is the competition. I want to see two different entities go against each other to see who has more skill and athleticism. These people put a lot of work construct ing themselves to be healthy and have the right strategy against their opponent.watching it can be very exciting.
If ain't for you then it ain't for you though:manny:
I think watching sporting events is more meaningful then watching other television programming or surfing the internet. At least it's happening in real time

s3ven_LvLs

All Star
Daps
I think watching sporting events is more meaningful then watching other television programming or surfing the internet. At least it's happening in real time

On top of that I think today there its too much of this "everybody wins" mentality that makes me kind of irritated. In sports you have people who win and people who lose.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Like why would you waste like 3 hours or more a day sitting in front of the Gawd damn tv cheering for teams that don't give a fukk about you.. Seems senseless.. It's like nationalism or patriotism,, we're people come together like morons in synch for one stupid cause,,

Then after your game you watch ESPN highlights of other games .. So basically you wasted another 2 hours.. So you're wasting like 30 hours per week watching sports when you could of read 2 books during that time about the modern economy or Ernest hemmingways classics ,,
Truth be told, the sheer offense they have when you choose not to watch a game or so says a lot to me.

I'm a casual sports fan but some of these die-hards are straight scary individuals.

Black

GOAT
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ/FL
I think people who want to accomplish things are stupid. I mean you're gonna die anyway. :yeshrug:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Like why would you waste like 3 hours or more a day sitting in front of the Gawd damn tv cheering for teams that don't give a fukk about you.. Seems senseless.. It's like nationalism or patriotism,, we're people come together like morons in synch for one stupid cause,,

Then after your game you watch ESPN highlights of other games .. So basically you wasted another 2 hours.. So you're wasting like 30 hours per week watching sports when you could of read 2 books during that time about the modern economy or Ernest hemmingways classics ,,

what if is its entertaining to the person?

TV in general is a waste of time unless you like being programmed.

Yeah because surfing the internet is vastly different

duck

Bills Mafia
Daps
Reppin
buffalo ny

Why waste hours watching movies when actors dont give a fukk about you?

Why do u waste hours on the coli when other posters don't give a fukk about you?

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
You're pretty much in control of whatever you want to watch on the internet, with unlimited options. TV is not the same bruh
You are still doing what you want to do.

I wouldn't think this would be rocket science

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
I preferr playing sports to watching them.

I actually used to play baseball, basketball, and run cross country back in the day.

But really..the whole sports culture in American society ties into this fake fukkin machismo bullshyt. That's inherently sexist and misogynist. And I think it ties into rape culture as well.

Especially in schools. I always hated how the jocks in high school/college would always get off when they flunked their classes and were excused of wrongdoing from beating up people to raping women just cause they were the star players of the football team and had connections.

In the black community...the obsession with sports is absolutely terrible and undermines the sense of black male identity where if one doesn't ascribe to this hypermasculine agenda that if they don't play a sport like basketball or football that they are weak. And then we have the stereotype that all we're good for is scoring touchdowns and shooting 3 pointers. Forget the fact that we're creative and intelligent...all we're good for in the eyes of the dominant society is our brute strength and that's it. It's that slave/field negro shyt that pisses me off.

Like when I was in college...people asked me if I was on the football team or basketball team cause the idea of a muscular athletic built black male being in there for academics seemed like an impossibility...it was infuriating.
I feel u on that. I dont mind sports fans or people that play them. I to hate the stereotypes. Lmao u can't fight or ur a p*ssy/gay cause u don't play or watch sports. Like their isn't a million others things in the world thats not interesting.