I switch the cheap ramen in the 12 pack with the expensive ones at Walmart

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
I ring cherries up as bananas all the time 🤣
I'm not that blatant, white onions as yellow, anything organic I put it as the cheaper version, and in terms of the rest of the items I go by the honor system - if it scans first try it scans, if not its "discount"

Disclaimer - I would never do this at an independent/mom n pop operated place or do my corner store people's like that.

You reap what you sew, Walmart can SMD, you raise the prices and take away cashier jobs and now I'm fumbling around trying to bag and scan my own shyt instead of a kid with an after school job and a person with down syndrome who's career options are already limited.

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
another by the exit door checkin receipts though.
:francis:
A way to bypass this is buying identical items at another store and keeping the receipt, I go from the pharmacy where I get a bunch of shyt, leave it in the whip and keep the bag and receipt in my pocket and then fill the bag up with the same items from the walmart or monopoly grocer I'm at, out of hundreds of times I been "cart checked" maybe 3 times over the years and a simple oh this is from xyz and hand them the receipt right away, I think once they kinda glanced around the receipt and bag till they seen a handful of items line up, the other time I remember they just handed the receipt straight back and said "have a good day"

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
I throw the packages out and make my own sauce. Sautee some garlic and ginger alongside your veggies (I use broccoli and mushrooms). For the sauce I mix soy sauce, chili sauce, sesame oil, brown sugar, corn starch, red peppers, and black pepper. I don't add salt since the soy sauce has some in it but even if you do it's significantly less sodium than the packages have. Throw the cooked ramen in the skillet alongside the veggies/garlic/ginger, add the sauce, mix everything while turning the heat up for a few more seconds, and then throw some green onions on top when you're finished.

Another good way to use less salt is to mince some lightly salted peanuts and sauté them alongside your veggies.

:lawd::salute:

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I can’t imagine being in this level of poverty.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Look at ol’ Struggle Hustles here making those big bossman Dollar General moves :unimpressed:

managers are probably watching on the security cam and laughing at your peak level brokionomics

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
They got the jawn that’s in the Asian/International aisle at most grocery stores, I don’t know the name but the chicken flavor one comes in the light green pack. Yo that shhit is bussin…it’s like $1.49 a pack. I feel wild highfalutin getting these over the regular top ramen jail jawns for like 39 cents, 😆. Nigs was cuttin over Ramen back in the 90s in jail, facts, smh

The kind you talking about is bussin too, you mean the spicy jawns in the red pack? Shin something I think, those like $2.50 a pack. Ramen always been my cheat day twist…can only mess with them shhits like once a month tho, the sodium in 2 packs is enough to cover a month of your sodium intake, 😂, be easy with them shhits
Sapporo Ichiban........shyt changed my entire ramen attitude......the white chicken flavor can pass for restaurant ramen as it is.........made me start using broth

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
nongshim-instant-spicy-shin-ramyun-noodles-120gr.jpg
These will have your stomach doing the cha cha slide