I still think FFXIII has the most addictive battle system ever

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I absolutely despise 8. I got all the way to the last boss and just dropped it. I was going to finish it just because but that game is garbage.

FF13-2 though? besides the music I really enjoyed it. Apparently Long Gui was easier in 13-2 than 13.
Final Fantasy 8 is such a conflicting experience for me. I love it but at the same time there's a lot I don't like. Had the game maintained the quality of the first disc the whole game it would be among the best in the series.

The draw system was trash. Really hurts the game. Also the limit break Lionheart breaks the game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That’s all it was basically which I thought was serviceable but I’ll never go back to playing 13 or it’s sequels ever again :francis:

Story was convoluted as fukk but my main gripe is they’re no interesting characters imo. I didn’t like anyone in the cast
Fang and Sazh were cool Lighting was ok. Hope, Snow and Vanille I could do without.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
The first Ni No Kuni is one of my favorite battle systems. Another one that felt like an evolution of turn based.

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b
Final Fantasy 8 is such a conflicting experience for me. I love it but at the same time there's a lot I don't like. Had the game maintained the quality of the first disc the whole game it would be among the best in the series.

The draw system was trash. Really hurts the game. Also the limit break Lionheart breaks the game.
Out of curiosity did you play the card game or did you skip it?

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
XIII’s system is deceptively simple at first but then suddenly gets this weird ass difficulty spike. It’s more strategic than traditional turn based stuff but doesn’t ask you to really utilize it until like the last 1/3 of the game. By then lots of people had hopped off.

The first Ni No Kuni is one of my favorite battle systems. Another one that felt like an evolution of turn based.
Your AI companions are brain dead though. If not for that I’d agree it’s good but I found myself cursing them out half the time.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
XIII’s system is deceptively simple at first but then suddenly gets this weird ass difficulty spike. It’s more strategic than traditional turn based stuff but doesn’t ask you to really utilize it until like the last 1/3 of the game. By then lots of people had hopped off.

Your AI companions are brain dead though. If not for that I’d agree it’s good but I found myself cursing them out half the time.
yeah i definitely agree

at the same time, ff13-2 was one of the best battle systems of its kind and its wholesale slept on because of the reception of the first :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The best FF battle system

FFXIITZA_Apr162017_30.jpg

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
I had a really fun time with that game. I never played the sequels but it was a pretty captivating story IMO.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
i thought it was always dope, but it rarely demands players do more than the basics - that alone made people never try to see how creative they could get with things

i'd run it back if the pc port was better :manny:

The Series X and S got that backwards 4K 60’ bump