I still think FFXIII has the most addictive battle system ever

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why? That wouldn't change the fact that the game can be beaten with little effort.
Because the systems involved in Pokemon are much more complicated than just beating the story mode of the game. The story mode doesn't really scratch the surface of competing against Pokemon players. Pokemon is really a multiplayer game with a single player campaign Ala Call of Duty. Saying you're good at CoD because you beat the main story is laughable.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Because the systems involved in Pokemon are much more complicated than just beating the story mode of the game. The story mode doesn't really scratch the surface of competing against Pokemon players. Pokemon is really a multiplayer game with a single player campaign Ala Call of Duty. Saying you're good at CoD because you beat the main story is laughable.

:comeon:

This is like saying that the real dark souls experience is playing against autistic weirdos with extremely optimized PvP character builds and knows how to manipulate the combat system to put you in a perpetual stun lock.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Crisis Core remake is way overdue

You’ll get to play as zack in episode 2 :francis:

zack-zack-fair.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
:comeon:

This is like saying that the real dark souls experience is playing against autistic weirdos with extremely optimized PvP character builds and knows how to manipulate the combat system to put you in a perpetual stun lock.
No it's not because the core focus of Pokemon is engaging other people. The whole thing is trading and battling or are you going to disingenuously pretend Dark Souls has a competitive multiplayer community and tournaments?

I get that you seem to not want Pokemon and Persona 5 to be compared but they have the same core gameplay loop. You don't have to like it but it's facts.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
Was my first Final Fantasy. I liked it, but never finished. Once the battle system began introducing all that paradigm ish (i think it was disc 2) i got overwhelmed. I didn`t play rpg`s, jrpg`s, turn based jrpg`s, none of that the 360, ps3 gen. If i played it these days i think i`d love it.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
FF13 battle system was garbage.

Took a 3rd of the game for you to utilize the battle system to its full extent, and even then all you were doing was switching styles and mashing auto attack.

Persona has the most addictive turn based battle system imo.

Nah, Persona and Pokémon have the same tired battle system.

At this point in time, we really need an overhaul. Something crazy like Unlimited Saga

:mjgrin:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FF13 battle system was garbage.

Took a 3rd of the game for you to utilize the battle system to its full extent, and even then all you were doing was switching styles and mashing auto attack.

Persona has the most addictive turn based battle system imo.
That’s all it was basically which I thought was serviceable but I’ll never go back to playing 13 or it’s sequels ever again :francis:

Story was convoluted as fukk but my main gripe is they’re no interesting characters imo. I didn’t like anyone in the cast

Kufismack

In Beats We Trust
Daps
Reppin
Religion is dumb b
This and 8 are the only FF games i couldn’t bring myself to finish. I hate everything about this game outside of the battle theme and lightnings design

I absolutely despise 8. I got all the way to the last boss and just dropped it. I was going to finish it just because but that game is garbage.

FF13-2 though? besides the music I really enjoyed it. Apparently Long Gui was easier in 13-2 than 13.