I still can't believe the wasted potential that was Boardwalk Empire

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
The show had no sense of urgency. Scenes with little to no conflict. Episodes that didn't move the seasons/series plot forward.

Good TV builds to a crescendo in each and every episode. All contributing to the season's crescendo. Boardwalk didn't do that until the end of each season. A lot of nothing happened.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
They had so much material to draw from but they wasted way too much screen time with made up characters. Seasons 1 & 2 were good but it fell off after that. Gyp was a pointless character, his novelty wore off quickly, then he ends up getting killed by his own man at the end of season 3. They wasted a whole season with that shyt. And no Vito Genovese too

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They had so much material to draw from but they wasted way too much screen time with made up characters. Seasons 1 & 2 were good but it fell off after that. Gyp was a pointless character, his novelty wore off quickly, then he ends up getting killed by his own man at the end of season 3. They wasted a whole season with that shyt. And no Vito Genovese too
remeber the margaret women's heath segment in season 3 too :scusthov: that was absolute dog shyt

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
HBO got me heated and pissed off that they fukked up with the jump time and rushed Season 5 to ended so they can make a new show "Vinyl" but ended up with one season and got cancelled it. I bet they regrets that forever on "We fukked up"

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
4 seasons:boss: of GOAT TV, until the rushed final one ended its chapter prematurely:wow::damn::to:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I feel like people are remembering season 3 with a serious set of rose tinted glasses.

The Margaret sub-plot was awful and they wasted a gang of time on Nucky falling in love with a character nobody gave a fukk about.

I never liked Gyp, always thought he was a wack character. As far as Jimmy, that probably wasn't on them....Michael Pitt is notoriously difficult to work with and randomly bounces from shows....he did the same thing on "Hannibal".

Fred.

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
big studios are pretty dumb but HBO needs to realise that post GoT they can't afford any flops.

A big budget mob show is always going to be a success. They could pick up from where boardwalk ended to carry on luciano's story and the post capone Chicago, with no atlantic city filler and no focus on bishes (except for nude/sex scenes).