I still can't believe the wasted potential that was Boardwalk Empire

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I gave up on it after the shyty pilot. The show should have been way better than it was

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Yeah but imo they still have the upperhand in decors, props etc. More profesional. Idk how to explain it in Engl but hopepf you get my point.

That's why I hope for that genius writer to pick up the pen and write 6 piff seasons. I want a ride like Sopranos or the Wire one last time before I go lol
I feel like we're due for another classic.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL

And they didn't even show the Atlantic City conference.

HBO can eat a dikk :pacspit:

Really makes me think that some OGs descendents G checked the writers and production crew etc because they didnt want the show going in any further detail of that era cause lucky lansky and rothstein set their family up for generations. Smh now imma go back and watch the first 4 seasons

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Should have let Jimmy reign at the top last at least a whole season :stopitslime:

Bum ass nucky was an afterthought and got straight up finessed by the young boy :umad:

But no they ruined it. shyt fell off immediately after to me.

All those big gangsters were way more interesting than dumb ass nucky so they had to bush their storylines :mjcry:

Chalky didn't get enough shine time. Waste of a character :francis:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boardwalk Empire was not about Luciano, Capone, Bugsy, Rothstein, etc.

I get really upset when these threads on the show get made and being upset that they didn't focus on other mobsters. That is not what the show was about. They all interacted, but it was never about that.

who gives a fukk? they could have ended it up with two seasons about rothstein, luciano etc and zero people would have complained

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
then it would have been called Meyer Lansky empire or Lucky Luciano Empire.

It was called Boardwalk Empire and it took place in Atlantic City and focused on Nucky Thompson.

But once they killed off his protege in Jimmy, there was nothing to balance Nucky out with. Jimmy was the link to a lot of characters, and having the dual protagonist made the show great. They never filled the void left by his absence, and doubled up on Nucky, with a weaker supporting main cast.