I saw the new Hobbit movie

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MUCH better movie than the first one. The pacing was better, visuals were better and the action scenes were better. Still, certain scenes did drag on for way too long, which is gonna happen when you stretch 1 book into 3 movies.

Not as good as any of the LOTR films but I can see a lot of people who found those films boring finding this one to be more entertaining.

Movie definitely had an Indiana Jones, Temple of Doom vibe...

Speaking of Indiana Jones, the scene where they're rolling down the river in barrels reminded me of the mine cart chase
Legolas....:whew: dude put in WORK, I'd say the kills he had in this movie topped the ones he had in the OG trilogy

The forced love triangle was :childplease: and :zzz: Jackson could've easily saved it for the extended edition because it did very little to advance the plot

The whole ending sequence with Smaug was incredible, the methods the Dwarves use to try and kill him are just :whoo: Best action sequence I've seen in a long time

The ending is gonna piss a lot of people off

These movies still should've been split in 2 instead of stretched into 3

Overall it was solid, I'd give it somewhere between a 7.5 to an 8 out of 10

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im iffy about watching this...I love the LOTR Trilogy, but i fell asleep to the first movie of the Hobbit. It was fukking boring as hell

This movie definitely did a better job at holding your attention and it was much more fast-paced than the first one(no 30 minutes of singing dwarves). although there are a few scenes in the middle that went on for way too long and had me :yawn:

but, the whole finale with Smaug makes it worth the price of admission imo so I'd still recommend seeing it on the big screen

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
i saw the first lord of the rings and just found it to be a simple boring story with not a lot going on. Didn't care to sit through the 3.5 hr sequels either. Like i wasn't even intrigued about the environment or the characters at all. As opposed to Chronicles of Narnia which while also simple it just brought about intrigue about the new world they were exploring and you cared about that big fukking talking lion you know

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i saw the first lord of the rings and just found it to be a simple boring story with not a lot going on. Didn't care to sit through the 3.5 hr sequels either. Like i wasn't even intrigued about the environment or the characters at all. As opposed to Chronicles of Narnia which while also simple it just brought about intrigue about the new world they were exploring and you cared about that big fukking talking lion you know

matter of opinion I guess :yeshrug:

LOTR is my favorite movie trilogy ever and I thought the Chronicles of Narnia movie was terrible. I read the book as a young'n, and it was a children's book, but the movie ripped off LOTR by trying to make it this big and serious epic. Acting was amateur, visual effects and fight scenes were mediocre. LOTR is in another league imo

what's interesting though is that the authors of the books(Tolkein and CS Lewis) were best friends. I think Lewis was an atheist and Tolkein ended up converting him to christianity, which is why CoN has so much Christian allegory

Drew Wonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what happens? :mjpls:
they try to kill Smaug(the Dragon) by pouring liquid hot gold on him. it looks like it's killing him but he escapes, flies out of the cave and starts heading towards a nearby town to destroy it and kill everyone. The Dwarves and Bilbo look on like :merchant: Then Bilbo says, "What have we done?" then fade to black, when it faded to black some dude behind me was like "Are you kidding me?!" :why:

valet

The official Chaplin of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Was Biblo a goon in this one? That niguh was g'd up in the 1st one.