I really think the MCU is over, or at least going to go through major cutbacks

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I didn't even known Guardians was in the movies...I checked out that franchise when Starlord could create planets and shyt.:mjgrin:

These movies used to.be so damn hype that even as not a regular movie fan you knew about the movie because everyone was talm bout them.
Exactly.. My mom saw the first GOTG in the theater.. That's amazing because the ONLY reason she saw it was because it was Marvel. And the only reason she cared about Marvel was how invested she was in the characters and stories of the previous movies

She could care less now. Most casuals could care less. And that's a huge fukking portion of the audience. Hell, my kids don't even care to see this shyt no more unless it's Spidey or something

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Ok lets back up... People are saying the MCU is over.. I'm just saying it's on a decline

Yes random marketing people will find quotes to say a piece of shyt is a masterpiece... My point wasn't that Endgame was a shyt movie. It was that IW was the better movie and it was better because the TONE changed completely from other Marvel films.

Soon as that was done, starting up with Endgame, they went right back to campy, jokey, hokey shyt. And been riding it the entire Phase after. During this time, the QUALITY of the movies have not gotten better, but worse. The TONE of the movies has not improved, but getting worse. They went "dark" for one movie and lightened it right back up. People are tired of 30 pieces of media with the same content. Is it still making money? Yes. Is it printing money like the previous phases, where 3-6 movies did a billion (not even counting avengers movies).. No they are not

The Flash will outdo Antman, which contains the intro to their big bad for the entire next phase. The Flash will outdo GOTG, which has almost a decade of fan building.. It will outdo probably about 80% of phase 5 movies with all the negatives you spoke on. That is NOT what Marvel was planning on happening and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that says Phase 5 has been a success.
Prior to Phase 4 most MCU movies were jokey. Besides maybe less than a handful of movies they mostly kept the comedic tone high. That being the reason they are not doing as well can't be it.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Prior to Phase 4 most MCU movies were jokey. Besides maybe less than a handful of movies they mostly kept the comedic tone high. That being the reason they are not doing as well can't be it.
That’s literally my point. How many of the same formula you gonna do? That’s why Cap is seen as the best series. It’s a little more grounded and adult. It’s why Batman trilogy is still the comic staple. Cause it was toned down and adult. Logan. Infinity war. The Batman. Whatever Gunn is talking about doing.

People thought ago the double play (I really count it as one movie) that marvel might start going that direction. It was right back to hokey shyt

People have checked out on their formula. Not everyone. Not even a majority. But they better inject some new ideas in this shyt quick. Another phase 5 and janky Kang with DC coming is not a good look.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That’s literally my point. How many of the same formula you gonna do? That’s why Cap is seen as the best series. It’s a little more grounded and adult. It’s why Batman trilogy is still the comic staple. Cause it was toned down and adult. Logan. Infinity war. The Batman. Whatever Gunn is talking about doing.

People thought ago the double play (I really count it as one movie) that marvel might start going that direction. It was right back to hokey shyt

People have checked out on their formula. Not everyone. Not even a majority. But they better inject some new ideas in this shyt quick. Another phase 5 and janky Kang with DC coming is not a good look.
Oh DC is coming. lol
If you notice Batman is getting diminishing returns every new iteration. No one even cared about the Shazam sequel. You really believe in this Flash movie we will see what happens.
And again IW had tons of jokes.Ironman called an alien Squidward, the Guardians were telling non stop jokes every scene they were in. It was like most Marvel movies. It got serious the last :45 minutes.
I do agree, Marvel needs to change it up but they can do it a number of ways. They don't have to go dead serious.