I really think the MCU is over, or at least going to go through major cutbacks

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
Guardians Of The Galaxy is literally in theaters now approaching $700 million:mjtf:
It ain't over. GOTG vol. 3 proved that people will show up and continue to show up if you give them good stories with interesting characters.

They got complacent. Writing got really bad. CGI started to look cheap and undone. They can turn it around.
GOTG been around for years and they played a very instrumental role during the Infinity War saga so off course the third movie was going to do numbers, they are literally among the last of a dying breed within the MCU.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
GOTG been around for years and they played a very instrumental role during the Infinity War saga so off course the third movie was going to do numbers, they are literally among the last of a dying breed within the MCU.

No argument from me. And I don't think anyone said Doctor Strange 2 "flopped". It did however underperform given what the initial hype and tracking was because there was tons of cameos and people thought they were gonna see a full on X-Men reboot and all types of shyt. It would have gotten past a billion if it was a better movie. Eternals flopped. Black Widow flopped. Ant-Man 3 flopped.

• Dap
Reactions: DLo

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
people still won't admit it, but alot of people thought every movie after Endgame would be another "Endgame" with an epic whole universe battle at the the end. They had to reset, and introduce new characters.

also, a lot of people are tired of pretending they were ever really into "nerd" shyt. they want everybody else that still rocks with Comic book movies to be done too. LOL they were just rocking with the MCU because it was popular, not because they fukked with it.
Wrong... Most people thought endgame was the worst of the infinity war double feature.

Most people saw Infinity War and wished Marvel would be like that going forward. More risks, less jokes, more consequences, more finality of deaths, more adult themes, less campy shyt

What the did was erase all of that with Endgame and the "lets trek through old movies but make it campy and funny again" plot.. The only thing people remember from that movie is the last battle. The rest was shyt..

Problem is Marvel decided to go Endgame with the Phase 4-5 and not IW. Kang is a phase 1-2 villain so far. Every movie has been phase 1-2 plots. You notice their highest rated movies are Cap movies and IW. Serious toned down adult shyt

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
Wrong... Most people thought endgame was the worst of the infinity war double feature.

Most people saw Infinity War and wished Marvel would be like that going forward. More risks, less jokes, more consequences, more finality of deaths, more adult themes, less campy shyt

What the did was erase all of that with Endgame and the "lets trek through old movies but make it campy and funny again" plot.. The only thing people remember from that movie is the last battle. The rest was shyt..

Problem is Marvel decided to go Endgame with the Phase 4-5 and not IW. Kang is a phase 1-2 villain so far. Every movie has been phase 1-2 plots. You notice their highest rated movies are Cap movies and IW. Serious toned down adult shyt
WRONG. Most people expected every movie after endgame to be another endgame. There's a reason why endgame is the reference people used for all the movies after....endgame. "the best since endgame" is literally the measuring stick. people still didn't understand that they had to reset and introduce new characters. It's crystal clear what some people expected every movie going forward to be like.

like i said, a lot of people just watched the movies because they got popular, but they never truly fukked with "nerd" shyt. they tired of pretending. and the worst part is they want other people to jump off the bandwagon too.

people on here have called all these post endgame movies flops yet they all make hundreds of millions of dollars. even if the mcu haters stopped watching they could still turn a decent profit and keep shyt going.

I still don't understand it though, the people that are done with marvel still camp out in all the marvel threads seeking out attention. why? just stop watching.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
And I don't think anyone said Doctor Strange 2 "flopped".
from the Dr. Strange 2 thread AFTER it had already made 900 million. And was widely viewed positively by all the Rotten Tomatoes type of sites. People just be saying shyt on here for attention. this person even said "numbers don't lie". :mjlol:
Numbers dont lie dawg. The shyt flopped cuz it was mediocre. Word of mouth still means something. Of course its gonna be people that like it. But the CONSENSUS and the majority is that it fell short. If YOU like it...cool. I like Howard The Duck. Its trash to the Majority. I hate i had to break this down to you smhhhh

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
WRONG. Most people expected every movie after endgame to be another endgame. There's a reason why endgame is the reference people used for all the movies after....endgame. "the best since endgame" is literally the measuring stick. people still didn't understand that they had to reset and introduce new characters. It's crystal clear what some people expected every movie going forward to be like.

like i said, a lot of people just watched the movies because they got popular, but they never truly fukked with "nerd" shyt. they tired of pretending. and the worst part is they want other people to jump off the bandwagon too.

people on here have called all these post endgame movies flops yet they all make hundreds of millions of dollars. even if the mcu haters stopped watching they could still turn a decent profit and keep shyt going.

I still don't understand it though, the people that are done with marvel still camp out in all the marvel threads seeking out attention. why? just stop watching.

from the Dr. Strange 2 thread AFTER it had already made 900 million. And was widely viewed positively by all the Rotten Tomatoes type of sites. People just be saying shyt on here for attention. this person even said "numbers don't lie". :mjlol:

See.

This is why I for the most post just make these “I’m just having fun out there” Brett Favre post.

The shyt that for some reason be triggering some folks or make mad…. Which is silly to me cuz it’s never anything really that salacious and I can’t control no one else sensitivity.

People claim they wanna have “real dialogue” but then say some of the dumbest and false shyt. It gets pointless going back and forth with them.

But kudos to you my G

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin

They use endgame as a reference cause nothing else has been better since and that’s crazy considering it’s been like 10 movies since then.

And most people have stopped watching which is why they cancelling shows and the movies aren’t hitting the same peaks. Also, I watch shyt movies all the time. I’ll watch GOTG when it comes in Disney. Doesn’t mean I believe marvel is back or on par with how it was. Means I’m curious about Kang but won’t spend money to find out

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
They use endgame as a reference cause nothing else has been better since and that’s crazy considering it’s been like 10 movies since then.

And most people have stopped watching which is why they cancelling shows and the movies aren’t hitting the same peaks. Also, I watch shyt movies all the time. I’ll watch GOTG when it comes in Disney. Doesn’t mean I believe marvel is back or on par with how it was. Means I’m curious about Kang but won’t spend money to find out
According to your last post they should be saying, "The best movie since Infinity War!" because "Most people thought endgame was the worst of the infinity war double feature." You are changing your tune now.
And they haven't canceled any shows that's just a lie and no movie besides Super Mario Bros. is outdoing what they previously did in theaters.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
According to your last post they should be saying, "The best movie since Infinity War!" because "Most people thought endgame was the worst of the infinity war double feature." You are changing your tune now.
And they haven't canceled any shows that's just a lie and no movie besides Super Mario Bros. is outdoing what they previously did in theaters.
First off, I don’t even know who “they” is who say that.

But I do know IW is rated higher by audience vote on rotten tomatoes so that’s all we got besides anecdotal evidence.

Bro the damn head has said his mission is to cut back on all these shows and releases and reel it back in. Phase 5 was some shyt and it’s trending downwards in quality of movies. They aren’t supposed to be saying “best movie since…..” unless it was the last movie they put out. Not some shyt from 4 years ago.

They not outdoing THEMSELVES in the theater. That’s the problem. Flash is about to outdo them in the theater and dc fukking sucks. Marvel would agree with me.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
First off, I don’t even know who “they” is who say that.

But I do know IW is rated higher by audience vote on rotten tomatoes so that’s all we got besides anecdotal evidence.

Bro the damn head has said his mission is to cut back on all these shows and releases and reel it back in. Phase 5 was some shyt and it’s trending downwards in quality of movies. They aren’t supposed to be saying “best movie since…..” unless it was the last movie they put out. Not some shyt from 4 years ago.

They not outdoing THEMSELVES in the theater. That’s the problem. Flash is about to outdo them in the theater and dc fukking sucks. Marvel would agree with me.
People who do marketing for commercials.
2% difference so I guess in the literal sense "most people" is true but it is a marginal difference at best on both percentages.
But literally no show has been canceled, that's what you said. Let's be accurate.
Outdoing one of the top 3 grossing movies in history is no easy feat. To act like they should have by now is unrealistic IMO. It took 10 years of story telling to get to that point.
And Flash is about to outdo what? End Game? Or some random Phase 4 movie? I doubt it, Ezra is not a draw, neither is a non star female Superman and neither is the now defunct Snyderverse characters. But I admit predicting box office is not my strong suit.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
People who do marketing for commercials.
2% difference so I guess in the literal sense "most people" is true but it is a marginal difference at best on both percentages.
But literally no show has been canceled, that's what you said. Let's be accurate.
Outdoing one of the top 3 grossing movies in history is no easy feat. To act like they should have by now is unrealistic IMO. It took 10 years of story telling to get to that point.
And Flash is about to outdo what? End Game? Or some random Phase 4 movie? I doubt it, Ezra is not a draw, neither is a non star female Superman and neither is the now defunct Snyderverse characters. But I admit predicting box office is not my strong suit.
Ok lets back up... People are saying the MCU is over.. I'm just saying it's on a decline

Yes random marketing people will find quotes to say a piece of shyt is a masterpiece... My point wasn't that Endgame was a shyt movie. It was that IW was the better movie and it was better because the TONE changed completely from other Marvel films.

Soon as that was done, starting up with Endgame, they went right back to campy, jokey, hokey shyt. And been riding it the entire Phase after. During this time, the QUALITY of the movies have not gotten better, but worse. The TONE of the movies has not improved, but getting worse. They went "dark" for one movie and lightened it right back up. People are tired of 30 pieces of media with the same content. Is it still making money? Yes. Is it printing money like the previous phases, where 3-6 movies did a billion (not even counting avengers movies).. No they are not

The Flash will outdo Antman, which contains the intro to their big bad for the entire next phase. The Flash will outdo GOTG, which has almost a decade of fan building.. It will outdo probably about 80% of phase 5 movies with all the negatives you spoke on. That is NOT what Marvel was planning on happening and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that says Phase 5 has been a success.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I didn't even known Guardians was in the movies...I checked out that franchise when Starlord could create planets and shyt.:mjgrin:

These movies used to.be so damn hype that even as not a regular movie fan you knew about the movie because everyone was talm bout them.