Still rocking my iPhone 6s+ with no plans on upgrading any time soon

Unless I break it :whoa:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Phones are boring now. There is really only so much on a device anymore with the limited real estate. I even find the split screen view on Android pointless.
Not really. For many people phones have replaced desktop and laptop computers as their primary computing device. It’s that just like those devices phones have matured to a point where there isn’t much more they can do.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Not really. For many people phones have replaced desktop and laptop computers as their primary computing device. It’s that just like those devices phones have matured to a point where there isn’t much more they can do.
Better experience on a larger screen. You just don’t have all that real estate on a device to do all that shyt comfortably. Better use case on a tablet

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I started to get bored a while ago..but I still upgraded as phones from a few years ago still did not have the performance I deemed good enough to not want a phone for a few years.The market is mature. Dont hold your breath waiting for a new breakthrough. Itll be a complete market shift when it does happen..
I plan on sticking with this X and note 8 for years to come. They are plenty fast, have good ram amounts and great screens.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Same. I've had my HTC 10 for 2+ years now and I wouldn't even be considering buying a new phone if it wasn't for the fact that it reboots whenever I ask it to connect the bluetooth to the car and open google play at the same time. :martin:

Phones really haven't advanced that much since buying this phone. I can do practically everything a pixel 2 can at this point. Prior to this I was upgrading every 1-1.5 years.

FSP

Banned
Daps
Same. I've had my HTC 10 for 2+ years now and I wouldn't even be considering buying a new phone if it wasn't for the fact that it reboots whenever I ask it to connect the bluetooth to the car and open google play at the same time. :martin:

Phones really haven't advanced that much since buying this phone. I can do practically everything a pixel 2 can at this point. Prior to this I was upgrading every 1-1.5 years.
Just curious but isn't this a good thing. When you find a form factor that's just right, with long lasting functionality, there shouldn't be any need to "keep upgrading". In fact I remember not too long ago people were complaining because they felt like they needed to upgrade every year. Now that you don't need to, this is a problem?

FSP

Banned
Daps
I have a samsung galaxy J7 and it does everything I could want, while it's not the smoothest experience out there, it actually feels right that we're getting to a point where a mid range phone perform all of the essential functions and give you a great experience without a huge price tag.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Better experience on a larger screen. You just don’t have all that real estate on a device to do all that shyt comfortably. Better use case on a tablet
I have a tablet and it's pretty old. iPad Air 2 from 2014. To be honest the tablet is used purely as a media consumption device. I've never really given any serious thought to replacing it because it still displays videos just as well as it did day 1. The average consumer doesn't need a tablet because its redundant to what they do on their phone. They'd just be paying a premium to do the same things they already do on a larger screen.

I don't imagine tablet sales are anywhere near their peak anymore because most flagship phones come out and have more powerful processors than the tablets. Also as more people get new TVs you can cast media directly from your phone to the TV so you don't need a tablet for media consumption. The phone then becomes the second screen through multitasking on the phone as the cast app runs in the background.

As much as I upgrade devices my tablet trajectory went Nexus 7 Gen 2 to an iPad Mini 2 to an iPad Air 2 then stopped there. I guess the iPad Pro 2 is way faster than my Air 2 but all I really use it for is streaming services like YouTube and Netflix and it works great on those.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

stop.

No they havnt.

No one typing up a fukking essay or doing real work on they damn phone

might browse work emails but no one typing up a long winded work email response on a damn iphone :camby:

and agreed.. on the subject.. as I get older, my priorities have shifted. The yearly releases have finally caught up. The hype is definitely gone.