I miss big dumb action movies like Armageddon Lmaoo

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I feel like too many movies these days, for lack of a better phrase feel "embarassed" with themselves these days. I blame it on MCU and their need to be snarky and self-referential. You don't get movies like Total Recall or Ricochet that just dive headfirst into stupidity without a trace of irony.

I saw this the other day apparently its a quote from Sly Stallone from 2012 about how he hated Batman/Michael Keaton because of his velcro muscles and it killing his movie career.

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
It won’t.

If you notice, most of the films people are mentioning aren’t sequels or part of some franchise.

Imho, once it gets to that point, you’re just monetize off of previous popularity in hopes you can continue that wave
Yeah I see what you mean, while I was watching it started to feel like a chore and like I was chasing the nostalgia.

How did you feel about Extraction?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
Yeah I see what you mean, while I was watching it started to feel like a chore and like I was chasing the nostalgia.

How did you feel about Extraction?
It was mid, if that. I remember seeing it when it first came out during the pandemic. Wasn’t bad but wasn’t special either.

Netflix really be overdoing the whole military contractor on a mission. It felt like from 2018 til about 2021, that’s all they had in their catalogue or that’s all that was being suggested to me. Either some government/army/squad on assignment doing something or some foreign tv show that pretty much revolved around the same structure but a lot of the stories seemed flimsy as hell to me.

Mfers with guns just trying to do something

When I feel like I could have wrote a script better, not even out of a sense of arrogance, just from pure confusion and watching things play out, that’s when I know it’s poorly constructed and designed for money purposes.

And I admit, I watched em out of boredom. Hollywood’s a business. But that doesn’t mean they’re producing high level work all the time. They just got an industry and mouths to feed and they go with something they know has worked before; noticeable star in a explosive movie.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I was watching The Rock and Deja Vu this weekend. I was like movies are so ugly and CG these days I miss real explosions.

Crazy I'm longing for the Jerry bruckheimer days 😂

That's not crazy.. 'The Rock' was a classic even back then. We been discussing in this thread. I remember seeing it in theaters vividly.

Me and pops like :popcorn:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
That's not crazy.. 'The Rock' was a classic even back then. We been discussing in this thread. I remember seeing it in theaters vividly.

Me and pops like :popcorn:
i dont think i ever saw the full movie until yesterday

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The Core. I liked this one more than I like to admit. It's so fukking stupid. I might rewatch it again tonight on the strength of this post.

The Earth's core has stopped spinning. Disasters are happening around the globe, including; animals acting in bizarre ways, monstrous thunderstorms. Dr. Josh Keyes and his crew of 5 go down to the centre to set off a nuclear device, hoping to make the core start spinning again, or humanity will cease.
Yo I watched this shyt the other day and was enthralled like I was watching it for the first time all over again. I absolutely love this movie. I know it's idiotic and the plot is crazy but still love it. Brass saved everyone making Virgil and made the self-sacrifice..Black man always saves everyone.