I may be late but Victoria Monet deserves next in the female RnB scene.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
She's fire. I randomly played her Jaguar album while driving with my girl to NY. We both were feeling it. That was my first time hearing her. That On My Mama track ya posted is flames too. And she's fine as hell. Scrolling thru Spotify I found so many talented artists that's keeping R&B and Soul music alive.

Superstar
Daps
She's dope. I like party girls with Buju Banton

Has anyone taken Ciara or Keyshia Coles lane? Low key my favourite singers
:manny:
Kirby may be somebody to look into if you haven’t already. She’s like 65% Badu with a sprinkle of Keyshia’s content. Plus she finer than a muthafukka too.

Plus, if Kirby said “bae, let’s get married and move to Jonestown, this Jim Jones guy seems to have thangs figured out!” Around November 1st 1978 I’d probably spend the next few hours packing up our shyt, looking for the perfect ring set, and finding some IMMEDIATE yet inexpensive plane tickets to Guyana (and our eventual deaths in the coming weeks).

Aside from the dancing, personality, and looks, I feel like Ciara’s pretty much been replaced a few times over.

Last edited:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
Kirby may be somebody to look into if you haven’t already. She’s like 65% Badu with a sprinkle of Keyshia’s content.

Aside from the dancing, personality, and looks, Ciara’s pretty much been replaced a few times over.
I'll look into her.

Do you find a lot of singers sound so dry?

Who replaced her, Just wondering?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
You are waaayyyyy late. I posted homegirl on here several years back, she from The City (Sacramento)....

I can't find the thread I made about her specifically but I also posted her in the Sacramento Music Thread in years past:

Victoria that chick, EASILY one of the finest women alive, and she is a dope ass writer, performer, and singer. She a real triple threat. Her music is dope, you way late on her...

Superstar
Daps
I'll look into her.

Do you find a lot of singers sound so dry?

Who replaced her, Just wondering?

I think a lot do come off as having being dry, as I’m not really personalizing their work, if that’s what you mean. It feels like I’m listening to the audio version of someone neatly filling in a color by numbers book when I listen to some of the albums. There are some that are able to really stand out and show us who they are, on their terms, through their music.

Other than being exceptionally fine and coming off like a genuinely cool lady, I never really saw anything special about Ciara’s work. I really liked some of her songs, they were fun, but a lot of seemed like it could be sung by any other female artists. The popular production seemed to provide all the energy and individuality in her music. Keri hilson, Beyoncé, hell any other lady artist that decided to sing over some “hip-pop” inspired top 40 shyt kind of made her a memory. They experienced I had when her music was coming out of the speakers will always be a positive though.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
OP, I been trying to put people on her as well :hubie:. Not only is she supremely talented, but drop dead gorgeous as well.

I like her. Some fly ass production
Yes sir. She almost exclusively works with D’Mile, the brother behind Lucky Daye and Silk Sonic’s production. The return to this type of musicality is refreshing given today’s landscape of 808s and “vibes”.

Abstract83

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Kirby may be somebody to look into if you haven’t already. She’s like 65% Badu with a sprinkle of Keyshia’s content. Plus she finer than a muthafukka too.

Plus, if Kirby said “bae, let’s get married and move to Jonestown, this Jim Jones guy seems to have thangs figured out!” Around November 1st 1978 I’d probably spend the next few hours packing up our shyt, looking for the perfect ring set, and finding some IMMEDIATE yet inexpensive plane tickets to Guyana (and our eventual deaths in the coming weeks).

Aside from the dancing, personality, and looks, I feel like Ciara’s pretty much been replaced a few times over.

I'm thinking about making a mix highlighting these new artists. Kirby is fine as hell.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Voice sounds like Beyoncé on the Issa Raye soundtrack

—-

Sounds good

:jbhmm:
I was trying not say anything because people get aggy about talking about "legends" as anything but untouchable. But....she sounds like what Beyonce should sound like in modern day with actual fire tracks and productions instead of trying to make EDM albums like Drake did. :hubie:

Let me hide now before our non Harlem queens on this board come for my neck. :dame:

• Dap
Reactions: TEH