I love my LGCX but.. ANDROID TV OS >>>>>> WEB OS

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I don't need to have an Nvidia Shield. I choose to have one because the experience is better than any native smart TV hardware. It has a better processor in it and Nvidia remains platform neutral so when whatever streaming service comes out it will be available on there. I guarantee you whatever your smart TV is it's not matching the processing power and ability of an Nvidia Shield.

An Nvidia Shield is the best version of Android TV you can get on any hardware. I was Roku only but they pissed me off with the HBO Max fiasco.
we get it that there are devices that can do this stuff better. personally I have my PC hooked up to my TV. but some people might not want to deal with all that, and it would be nice if WebOS had a better app selection

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
we get it that there are devices that can do this stuff better. personally I have my PC hooked up to my TV. but some people might not want to deal with all that, and it would be nice if WebOS had a better app selection
I have PCs hooked up to both TVs too as they're my monitors but for streaming I still go back to the Nvidia Shield. WebOS isn't going to have the selection Android TV has because app developers and LG have to cut deals to have them on the platform.

At the same time having dedicated streaming boxes means that if my TVs get old I don't have to worry about support getting pulled on my ability to stream.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
Why do you use shield? What for?

I use it for all my TV apps (Netflix, Hulu, etc) also for the "black market" apps for free movies and pay per view. I also have some emulators so I can play some retro games if I want.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I use it for all my TV apps (Netflix, Hulu, etc) also for the "black market" apps for free movies and pay per view. I also have some emulators so I can play some retro games if I want.
All of that you can do on Android TV without the need of an external box

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
This simply isn't true tho. How is say Kodi better on shield than an android tv

On the tech side the newer Shield has Upscaling to 4K that is best in class. All Shields also support frame rate matching to sync the refresh rate of the monitor to the display. Also the Tegra chip is just better than anything on a media center outside the Series X of course.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
All of that you can do on Android TV without the need of an external box
The PS4 can play any PS4 game. The PS4 Pro is better than the PS4 in the same way the Nvidia Shield is better than any other Android TV box. It's the definitive way to experience Android TV.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the tech side the newer Shield has Upscaling to 4K that is best in class. All Shields also support frame rate matching to sync the refresh rate of the monitor to the display. Also the Tegra chip is just better than anything on a media center outside the Series X of course.
All of which is done on high end oleds

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
How is it better?
I guess if you're asking this question then it's not for you. The Nvidia Shield is the best spec device on the market that runs Android TV. It has gaming purposes it can be a PLEX media server, it has AI upscaling to 4K for lower resolution content.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess if you're asking this question then it's not for you. The Nvidia Shield is the best spec device on the market that runs Android TV. It has gaming purposes it can be a PLEX media server, it has AI upscaling to 4K for lower resolution content.
All what u listed is found in high end TVs.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Going to have to get a apple tv, im tired of streaming from my phone to the stupid tv app for HBO MAX

Can't even enjoy the SNYDAH cut properly

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
All what u listed is found in high end TVs.
Your high end TV has a Tegra X1 in it and can run a Plex server including transcoding media? It has advanced Nvidia AI upscaling in it as well? Face it they put garbage processors in smart TVs and you're lucky if the damn thing gets 4 years of updates before the manufacturer drops it.

If all you wanna do is watch Netflix and Hulu as long as they support the apps on that TV it'll work.