i live the alpha male life. someone asked me to spot i said no

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug: I don't expect you to get it. You still lift like a rookie and struggle with benching and squatting 2 plates....

:what: You're not making sense right now. By your own logic, the "mature lifter" is the one who isn't afraid to ask for a spot, while the rookie wouldn't because he didn't realize he's paying himself too hard.

The "ego lifter" would be the one who's too proud to ask for a spot even if he needs it.

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Simple what exercises are needed for a spot(Bench Press, Squat)? Who needs a spot? Rookies breh.....

A mature lifter, is past the stage of ego lifting and knows their limits. Trust as you get older, you'll realize that asking for a spot simply rookie shyt......

That makes no sense :mjlol:

There's people that have been lifting way longer than me asking for spots. It has nothing to do with "ego".. It's for safety.

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Matter of fact the reason why most cats in the gym, are weak sauce is because they're scared too fail. A huge component of lifting is mental, once the aspect of fearing the loss of control is removed, there's nothing but gains to be made.

There's a reason why I'm 5'9 170 and twice my weight like nothing. And most of it comes my mental state of not accepting failure or not believing in myself to complete a lift.

But go ahead ask some sweaty dude at the gym, to rest his balls above your head while you bench press :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
Matter of fact the reason why most cats in the gym, are weak sauce is because they're scared too fail. A huge component of lifting is mental, once the aspect of fearing the loss of control is removed, there's nothing but gains to be made.

There's a reason why I'm 5'9 170 and twice my weight like nothing. And most of it comes my mental state of not accepting failure or not believing in myself to complete a lift.

But go ahead ask some sweaty dude at the gym, to rest his balls above your head while you bench press :mjlol:

Sounds like the reason why you don't like spots is because you're super homophobic..:manny:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
That makes no sense :mjlol:

There's people that have been lifting way longer than me asking for spots. It has nothing to do with "ego".. It's for safety.
Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Sounds like the reason why you don't like spots is because you're super homophobic..:manny:
:ohhh:

:childplease: I don't ask for a spot because it's rookie shyt. There's nothing I do as an advanced lifter that requires a spot :russ: Yeah I oversimplified my explanation. But I stand by my statement, that's basically rookie shyt :manny:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
See, you're contradicting yourself now. First it was "people who ask for spots don't know their limits.". Now it's " people who ask for spots don't believe in themselves," which is an entirely different point.

Daps
Reppin
D[M]V
:ohhh:

:childplease: I don't ask for a spot because it's rookie shyt. There's nothing I do as an advanced lifter that requires a spot :russ: Yeah I oversimplified my explanation. But I stand by my statement, that's basically rookie shyt :manny:

To each it's own breh.. I can't argue against your gym ego.

I have gotten stronger on the bench because I had my gym partner helping me get in extra reps when I'm near failure. If he isn't helping me, he's there for motivation.

I guess Mike Rashid and CT Fletcher are rookies too?.. :mjlol:

Daps
Simple what exercises are needed for a spot(Bench Press, Squat)? Who needs a spot? Rookies breh.....

A mature lifter, is past the stage of ego lifting and knows their limits. Trust as you get older, you'll realize that asking for a spot simply rookie shyt......

You got a point,but nah breh,nothing wrong with asking for a spot especially if it's some heavy shyt or you going for a PR,some of the best lifters in the world still get spots when going extremely heavy