I just became a Dad brehs

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Well she’s 3 months now but I’m still new to the game. For the fathers here what have you done to start setting your kids up for success? Also if you had to do anything differently what would it be? Thank you in advance for all the advice
!. LIfe Insurance for the child
2. Savings for the child
3. Health Insurance, if you do not already have it for the family.
4. Investments you can start now, building it up to transfer to the child at adulthood
5. Reading to your child. Help them gain an appreciation for books
6. Experiences for your child from the mundane to maybe even the esoteric. My wife was great at this.
7. Make sure you have the basics of education mastered, so you can make sure to help your children master them too.

The list goes on and on, but I think the top 7 are a good start. You can get books to help you with the rest, and pick the brains of your elders to get some more gems.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
:russ:
I take care of the kids she works we done having kids :troll:
Wow. You @Secure Da Bag should anything happen. :ehh:

I told my Wife when she becomes a lawyer, she will hold down the money making while I rear the children.
:ehh:
Hopefully she goes private practice and not become a public defender.
:mjlol:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Congratulations my brother.

The answer to your question is that there is no one answer to raising a child properly but there is one thing that works universally regardless of what methods you choose: Consistency. Whatever you do, always be consistent, that stability will become their reality and later in life, their expectation of everyone they interact with.

Provide laughter and a sense of safety and you will be the one they come to, that especially goes for daughters.

Keep in mind that you are literally building a human being from scratch and they're going to go out and impact numerous other lives. That's a huge responsibility but it's also a massive privilege to help mold the future of this world long after you're gone.

OP, listen to this man.

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Setup an account for her now just 25 dollars out your pay check every two weeks for 17 years
25*26=650*17=11,050
You can give her when she turn 18 or you can always add more if you can afford it. I don’t know your finances. Point is when your child turn 18 you don’t want to send them out there with nothing.

timeless

All Star
Daps
Awwww congratulations!! Not a father, but try to be the best father you can be!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Congratulations breh
I have 6 kids 4 girls 2 boys
I just instill respect and hard work to my kids to the best of my abilities. I don’t try to be their friend I show them I am their father. I will always do what’s best for them even if they don’t like it while explaining why I did it.

One thing I have learned over the last say 2 years and I hope no one goes thru what I have too.
Is that no matter how good of a parent you are or doing right by them shyt can flip in a switch like that and there isn’t anything you can do about it but love from afar and let them learn on their own. Let them fall on their face and fail and just be there for them when you can to a certain extent. And sometimes all you can say is you did your best and their choices are their choices even if it’s dead ass wrong and you have to show your other kids the strength of how to stay on the correct path and let the other (s) do what they feel

People need to understand this generation of kids are on some other shyt at a young age and you gotta do the best you can and even if you do you gotta accept certain actions they do and workaround it or evolve around it cus only so much you can do no amount of discipline or correction may not work with that kid cus of the influence on the outside that you can’t stop or avoid. Hang your hat on doing all that you can and let the chips fall in place and their poor choices be on them and I’m not referring to them as young adults either I’m referring to them as early as middle school

Not trying to be negative I’m just being honest and want people to know what u think can’t happen too you can cuz I was one of those and it has changed my whole world and if I can help other parents by at least letting them know nothing is out of bounds with these kids nowadays and think your kid can’t and won’t do certain shyt your sadly mistaken I would hope everyone will it never happens tho
Congrats.
Got damn

Six kids??
How many jobs you got? Like 9?
You gotta be Jamaican to raise all them kids.

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Congrats and good luck, the first year is long and short at the same time- it’s amazing to see how much they learn and grow from when they first pop out :mjcry::ahh:

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Well she’s 3 months now but I’m still new to the game. For the fathers here what have you done to start setting your kids up for success? Also if you had to do anything differently what would it be? Thank you in advance for all the advice
How old are u?

Do u kick it with your boys and drink or go out quite often?

If so, thats gonna be your get away when shyt aint all gravy at home. Dont be tempted to do it. (I made this mistake the first 3 years of my kids lives. The pressures of supporting a family of 4 can be taxing at times)

My advice to you is cherish every damn day u have with them because they grow fast.

Tell me i aint lying in about 10 years from now.

Congrats, and welcome to a new world :salute:

Daps
there's some recent posts in the salon from a new mother perspective. might want to read up on that since parenting is you know..... a two person perspective lol (or at least should be)

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Congrats and good luck, the first year is long and short at the same time- it’s amazing to see how much they learn and grow from when they first pop out :mjcry::ahh:
How old is your little one? How has it been? Dad pulling his weight?

TRBM

See me, only me...
Daps
Great advice in here, so I won't repeat anything

Be sure to support Mom and also continue to date her. It's easy to get stuck in parent mode and forget or neglect your partner. That goes both ways

Parenting is 100/100 (not 50/50), y'all should be on the same page and be interchangeable when it comes to being able to take care of the baby

Time goes by so fast, appreciate it all. I have a 6 and 4 year old and it feels like they were just babies last week

This was more of Mom/dad advice, but the better you guys are, the better the kiddo will be

Congrats to you and the fam breh

Yinny

I miss LLC Twitter
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
How old is your little one? How has it been? Dad pulling his weight?
10 months, very rewarding and amazing but also the most exhausting series of things I’ve done in my life. Dad isn’t pulling his weight but getting slightly better, at least my son is doing very well