I just became a Dad brehs

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
Well she’s 3 months now but I’m still new to the game. For the fathers here what have you done to start setting your kids up for success? Also if you had to do anything differently what would it be? Thank you in advance for all the advice

trapnerd

All Star
Daps
Congrats breh.

My son is only six months old so my advice is limited. My ultimate goal is to make sure he grows up in a safe, loving home… which means I have to stay on top of my shyt and make sure me and my wife are good.

I will say that we put him a swimming class at 3 months old and he loves it. Gets to interact with other kids and be in the water for a bit. We started going to the neighborhood pool 2 or three times a week to reinforce what he is learning at class. Def has shown me that I’ll need to keep him active and involved in activities as he gets older.

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
Well she’s 3 months now but I’m still new to the game. For the fathers here what have you done to start setting your kids up for success? Also if you had to do anything differently what would it be? Thank you in advance for all the advice
Congratulations breh good shyt all around.

Start saving now my g. Are yall together or is this gone be a coparenting situation? Either way at this stage id say work on ur relationship with the mother. Get on the same page, strengthen ur bond. The best thing u can give ur child is a happy and healthy two parent home, or at the very least a cordial and love filled partnership.

How they see yall interact will be internalized so set a good example. Dysfunction will poison their minds and weaken their spirit.

And start leveling up ur finances and its never too early or too little to start saving.

God speed fam. :salute:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Congratulations my brother.

The answer to your question is that there is no one answer to raising a child properly but there is one thing that works universally regardless of what methods you choose: Consistency. Whatever you do, always be consistent, that stability will become their reality and later in life, their expectation of everyone they interact with.

Provide laughter and a sense of safety and you will be the one they come to, that especially goes for daughters.

Keep in mind that you are literally building a human being from scratch and they're going to go out and impact numerous other lives. That's a huge responsibility but it's also a massive privilege to help mold the future of this world long after you're gone.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

I'm a girl dad myself 2 times over with one being grown now. u just starting the war :salute:

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Congrats. I have a 1 year old and 4 year old. God has smiled on us.

I started a 529 for my girls when they were born. $100 a month, times 12 months, times 18 years is just under 22K without any gains.

You can use it for stuff outside of college if your child gets a scholarship.

Outside of the 18 years of rearing, that’s a parting gift. If they don’t join the military, get a scholarship to a university, or do a trade, they can hopefully pay for 2 years of junior college and get their AA.

That’s if degrees are a thing 15-20 years from now.
:mjlol: