I Honestly Believe That Justice League/JLU Is The Best Cartoon Of Our Generation

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Not to derail the thread but what y'all think of Superman the Animated Series brehs?

I watched a couple eps here and there back in the days but I never was a big Superman fan so is it worth getting into? I was planning on really starting from the OG Batman show and working my way up the chronology of the DCAU cause I wasn't following on a weekly basis (mainly Batman JL and Batman Beyond, fukk a Zeta Project :whoa:).

Oh and Gargoyles was the shyt :birdman:

As someone who has always thought Superman was a sucker, I did enjoy that show a lot. Just don't expect it to be in the same vein as Batman before the shift in animation style. One thing that I liked about the show is that there was a definite beginning and end (i.e. for Batman, we just jumped into the show and he was already years deep into the game ... not that we needed to see his origin again, but you get what I mean).

It also introduced some other characters and concepts from the DC universe that probably wouldn't have worked in Batman (Green Lantern, the Flash, etc.).

eMDee92i

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Paris/Chi
In superman series you'll find out the origins of
lex luthor snd brainiac's relationship
As someone who has always thought Superman was a sucker, I did enjoy that show a lot. Just don't expect it to be in the same vein as Batman before the shift in animation style. One thing that I liked about the show is that there was a definite beginning and end (i.e. for Batman, we just jumped into the show and he was already years deep into the game ... not that we needed to see his origin again, but you get what I mean).

It also introduced some other characters and concepts from the DC universe that probably wouldn't have worked in Batman (Green Lantern, the Flash, etc.).

Good looks. I'll check it out.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not to derail the thread but what y'all think of Superman the Animated Series brehs?

I watched a couple eps here and there back in the days but I never was a big Superman fan so is it worth getting into? I was planning on really starting from the OG Batman show and working my way up the chronology of the DCAU cause I wasn't following on a weekly basis (mainly Batman JL and Batman Beyond, fukk a Zeta Project :whoa:).

Oh and Gargoyles was the shyt :birdman:

Superman the Animated series is actually kind of underrated. They did some great takes on classic superman villains and the shyt with Darkseid is classic.

A lot of the major plot points in the JLU stuff come directly from those Darkseid episodes.

Daps
Reppin
thetown to global
Mos def recommend you check out the Superman animated series. It is basically the prequel to JL/JLU.

This thread got me reminiscing on the show tho. Y'all remember that episode where Amazo returned and fukked up the ENTIRE JLU? shyt was insane :laugh:, they set up like 3 perimeters from the sky to the ground and Amazo ran through the whole team like it was nothing.

That episode where Wally and Lex switched bodies had me :laugh: when I first watched it (I was younger then but still).

Classic show. Solidified why Superman/Batman as a team is GOAT to me. That episode where they introduced Orion/New Genesis in which Superman spazzed on Darkseid ready to fight him to death despite the planet thing blowing up and Batman having to forcefully teleport them outta there was intense as fukk.

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
Classic show. Solidified why Superman/Batman as a team is GOAT to me. That episode where they introduced Orion/New Genesis in which Superman spazzed on Darkseid ready to fight him to death despite the planet thing blowing up and Batman having to forcefully teleport them outta there was intense as fukk.

:russ: at them forgetting about Orion

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Far as I'm concerned the entire Timm verse is all one show.

Plotlines from the one show always ended up getting resolved in other shows. Static Shock fits in there too (though it wasn't nearly as a good as the others).

Hey hey don't be back-hand complimenting Static Shock...The brother Virgil got it in

Young Black Excellence:youngsabo:

#TPC

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Justice League - The Question confronts Superman - YouTube

He was obviously sitting in Batman's chair and some of the Bat's piff got on Question and he started hitting Supes with the :ufdup:

Superman: :whoa: Question, no one can know about this.
Question: Or what? You'll incinerate me too? :ld:

This convo actually got me thinking ":ohhh: Who should I be rooting for in this series?" God the writing for this show. How did this not win an Emmy or an Annie?

My favorite Question moment:

Breaking in, Question-Style - YouTube

Cadmus uses security system on Question.
It's not very effective.
Question uses potted plant.
It's very effective.

After playing such a prominent role in the first two season, I was a little disappointed in the lack of Question appearances afterward. He should've become a strong supporting character after that. But when he showed up for a cameo in Grudge Match he at least found Baskin Robbin's 32nd flavor of ice cream.

The Question and Huntress on the phone (JLU).mp4 - YouTube

:ohhh:

Does anybody know if The Question is in the New 52.....this nikka bout to crack my top 5-10 superhero list

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Michael jai white doing the voice of doomsday - [ame=http://youtu.be/UtGHuM1GYMs]Justice Lords Vs Doomsday - YouTube[/ame]

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Just broke my heart in one post
:sadbron:

Sometimes it's good to have quality over quantity. Try to find Dennis O'Neil's run on the character. It's almost a spot on run of the version that you see on JLU. Alan Moore's Rorschach character from The Watchmen was specifically based on The Question.

A half dressed woman is in his room, clearly hitting on him, and Question is like ":rudy: GTFO. I got to find a link between Cadmus, boy bands, and the crop circle phenomenon. I don't got time for your shyt."

Last edited by a moderator:

Batz

The Freaks Come out At Night
Daps
Superman the Animated series is actually kind of underrated. They did some great takes on classic superman villains and the shyt with Darkseid is classic.

A lot of the major plot points in the JLU stuff come directly from those Darkseid episodes.
I agree and superman: TAS also had some dope episodes( the late mister kent, any episode with darkseid, brainics first episode, world's finest arc, etc)

Hey hey don't be back-hand complimenting Static Shock...The brother Virgil got it in

Young Black Excellence:youngsabo:

#TPC

The had some good themes in it aswell( richie's dad being a racist, jimmy bringing a gun to school,etc) and the show had ebon:wow:, i'd put him in a top 10 cartoon villian list.