I Honestly Believe That Justice League/JLU Is The Best Cartoon Of Our Generation

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
In all seriousness: Season One of Justice League was hit or miss for me (a fact that Bruce Timm and Dwayne McDuffie agree on). It had it's moments (Injustice For All, The Savage World) but it had a lot of filler.

But season two? :ohlawd: Darkseid/Brainiac team up (Twilight), The Amazo and Dr. Destiny episodes (Tabula Rosa and Only A Dream), Grundy's death (The Terror Beyond), The Secret Society, Alternate Universe Justice League fukking shyt up (A Better World), Superman's "death" (Hereafter), Joker being a formidable foe for the JL with The Royal FLush Gang (Wild Cards and one of the best Batman/Joker fights ever) , and of course Starcrossed. :krs: :eek: :bow:

Then, they just upped the ante in JLU with the Cadmus story arc which is one of the best arcs in the DCAU. They also had a lot of good stand alone episodes (For The Man Who Has Everything, The Cat and the Canary, This Little Piggy, Kids Stuff, Double Date). And Epilogue - the true season finale to Batman Beyond :blessed:. So much piff for one episode. I'm surprised it could handle it.

Season 3 of JLU, while a bit of a step down was also piff with a lot of great Flash centered episodes (Flash and Substance and The Great Brain Robbery) and not to mention the finale with Darkseid returning and the LOD and JL having to team up to save the world.

So much awesome sauce. :wow:
Holy shyt, I used to go in on posts like these. :wow: Now you're lucky if you get two or three sentences out of me.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Cool thing about JL/jlu was we got a continuation of the superman tas storyline we basically got Superman tas season 4/5 low-key especially with the Cadmus story arc:banderas:
I had actually missed that episode when I was younger so when I watched the scene play out on Justice League I was likeHow did Bramiac fuse into Lex's body like that?!!:ohhh::wtf::damn::damn:Then I rewatched Sup TAS and :banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas::banderas:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I rewatched the Cadmus arc last night. Good times. I am forever a disciple and follower of the DCAU. That scene where Brainiac rips out of Luthor is still some Lovecraftian steampunk body horror though.

maxresdefault.jpg

Although I can’t help but think that Superman was probably a little internally overjoyed at being able to finally fight Luthor in this condition. No more holding back and pulling punches for Kal-El. :blessed:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
At this point the Supes/Bat TAS + JL/JLU combo is the only reason DC has any kind of credibility left. They owe McDuffie/Timm and the rest of that team a LOT.

The dcau put the whole damn brand on its back. Everything produced under it except for the zeta project was killing it. shyt Kevin Conroy only needed to be batman after the animated series ran

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
It aint better than TAS but I can't think of anything else above it.

Hey Arnold belongs in the conversation too.