I haven't been here in a while. Did anybody ever end up admitting...

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
All signs are pointing to publishers/platform holders needing to release games to the largest amount of customers possible in order to recoup development costs. These big AAA games that only release on new platforms after launch year aren’t happening anymore because games cost too much to make and take too long to develop.

It doesn’t make financial sense to not do cross gen when you got an install base of 100+ million on past consoles and 15-30m on current consoles, when games cost 200m+ to make.
so OP is on to something or nah:jbhmm:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
so OP is on to something or nah:jbhmm:

If you’re only looking to be knocked off your feet with graphics, yeah…you’re probably going to be waiting until mid-end generation with consoles. If you’re someone that just enjoys gaming, this generation has provided plenty of entertainment and great experiences

Baldur’s Gate 3 was one of the greatest gaming experiences I’ve ever had

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
If you’re only looking to be knocked off your feet with graphics, yeah…you’re probably going to be waiting until mid-end generation with consoles. If you’re someone that just enjoys gaming, this generation has provided plenty of entertainment and great experiences

Baldur’s Gate 3 was one of the greatest gaming experiences I’ve ever had
the point is, the majority of games that have been selling well from 2022 onward haven't *needed* anything that this current gen offers.

and graphics being the main draw of a new console release, lets not beat around the bush about it, it is what it is

that's a whole lot of games that do just fine without - or don't even require what the current gen brings

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I guess if you exclude 2023 this generation has been ass. 2023 was a top 5ish gaming year for me tho. We're in the mid point of 2024 and I'm still feasting off 2023 heat I haven't gotten around to:wow:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
all the games kinda look and feel the same last two gens.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The “industry” is getting increasingly whack but you can say that about anything business-related these days

We still getting all-time classics like Baldur’s Gate, Elden Ring, Cyberpunk, Ragnarok, etc and there’s more games to play across all genres than ever before now

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
There are tons of great games this gen, just a slow few months after a strong start.