I haven't been here in a while. Did anybody ever end up admitting...

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
You do know that Sony said the PS5 is in its latter stages of its life cycle, right?

Technically it's true, latter stages means more than halfway over if we get PS6 in 2027. That doesn't worry me when I already think this gen is good and last gen had consistent heat dropping from 2018-2020

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Naw… can’t relate, im always finding fun stuff to play. Forum is slow cause it’s the middle of summer, big AAA games don’t tend to release again until fall when school starts.

Some of yall just need to stop hovering around a hobby you don’t enjoy anymore. Go build model cars
:mjlol: dudes been needing to get into pickleball for months still out here hating.. smfh

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tbh it's the same as always, overall it's way better if your not jaded by age, responsibility, time or nostalgia.

The thing is around the PS3 era all the exclusives and bangers that y'all still remember and hold in high regards came out around the last 3 years or so of the system, same with PS4 and it looks like it'll be the same with the PS5.

Overall gaming is so much better, convenient and varied compared to then.

The problem is people have their minds made up on what they like now and really aren't trying to stray from that.

They don't have the time, money or patience to just buy random games on a whim and play them to completion.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I have almost every console ever made and a ton of games for each.
Day in and day out I'd rather play PS5.
The previous generations were great, and the shock of experiencing certain elements for the first time that have become par for the course today is almost always going to have a strong impact on opinions.
But to say this generation is trash in comparison to previous generations is a bit short sighted.
I was there first hand for all those ground breaking generational leaps.
It was an incredible time to be alive.
Gaming tech is at the point of diminishing returns.
I'm still enjoying gaming more than I ever have.
The only thing I do truly miss is the amount of co-op games and local multiplayer games we had.
There are a bunch out there, but local gameplay used to be a bigger deal and the internet pretty much squashed that.
I hear there's a service that has that covered
Most slept on game this gen fits into your criteria :manny:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Tbh it's the same as always, overall it's way better if your not jaded by age, responsibility, time or nostalgia.

The thing is around the PS3 era all the exclusives and bangers that y'all still remember and hold in high regards came out around the last 3 years or so of the system, same with PS4 and it looks like it'll be the same with the PS5.

Overall gaming is so much better, convenient and varied compared to then.

The problem is people have their minds made up on what they like now and really aren't trying to stray from that.

They don't have the time, money or patience to just buy random games on a whim and play them to completion.
I do t have the time to play the games that I want to anymore so I just stick to the games I know I will like, but to me that makes it feel like there are so many good games out now that I can’t play them all unless I just sit in the house for the rest of the year and game 8 hours a day.

This gen is the best because just about every game you loved from the past has a sequel, then you have a return to the classic games like ninja gaiden and onimusha with the souls like games. You have a return to turn based RPG with BG3 and (insert random Nintendo rpg). They even brought back FF7 as well as made a next gen FF that made people remember who square is. We get good RE games now I’m and if you don’t want that they remade the old ones

There are way too many good games out now that if you are not liking this gen it’s because you are playing the games wrong. Or you spend too much time trying to chase the high you used to get ten or so years ago.

These companies is trying to give yall everything you want but all yall do is whine and nitpick everything to death.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
We're barely 4 years into the gen and these systems launched during the pandemic, which hurt development across the board. It took a minute for the gen to get started.

This is a shallow period for major releases but the end of 2024 looks promising. Personally I've had something to play most weeks this year and most of the time it was a new game.

I can't buy that this gen has been ass when it's only halfway over, and there have been genuine quality of life improvements with how fast everything loads now. I really want to see how games look towards the end of the gen
Lol same excuse for 4 years.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
a lot of plea copping going on :unimpressed: the amount of 'current gen' console games even released has been weak

are there plenty of solid games out. absolutely. is the new hardware actually raising the bar? entirely different question. the jump from the previous gen to now is not the same as before

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
a lot of plea copping going on :unimpressed: the amount of 'current gen' console games even released has been weak

are there plenty of solid games out. absolutely. is the new hardware actually raising the bar? entirely different question. the jump from the previous gen to now is not the same as before

Its going to be the same way next generation also :yeshrug:

And it’s going to happen to the Switch 2…these platforms aren’t going to drop previous generations quickly anymore. It’s too costly for publishers to drop large install bases they built up, especially when so many people can play F2P stuff on anything

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Its going to be the same way next generation also :yeshrug:

And it’s going to happen to the Switch 2…these platforms aren’t going to drop previous generations quickly anymore.
bolded is an assumption i guess

but nintendo hasn't been playing the hardware arms race (that keeps hoping that ignore even low/mid-level PCs that match previous gen) on top of that either. shyt, nintendo doesn't even 'need' to drop a switch 2 lol

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
bolded is an assumption i guess

but nintendo hasn't been playing the hardware arms race (that keeps hoping that ignore even low/mid-level PCs that match previous gen) on top of that either. shyt, nintendo doesn't even 'need' to drop a switch 2 lol

All signs are pointing to publishers/platform holders needing to release games to the largest amount of customers possible in order to recoup development costs. These big AAA games that only release on new platforms after launch year aren’t happening anymore because games cost too much to make and take too long to develop.

It doesn’t make financial sense to not do cross gen when you got an install base of 100+ million on past consoles and 15-30m on current consoles, when games cost 200m+ to make. Backwards compatibility is a double edged sword, it means the generations are going to become more fluid, cross gen is here to stay

Nintendo isn’t safe from it either, they specifically say that as their hardware gets more powerful they’re development cost and cycles are gonna go up also.

They aren’t dropping 150m switch users anytime soon