I haven't been here in a while. Did anybody ever end up admitting...

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
That this generation is ass and probably the worst ever? Or are the usuals still over here pretending like they're in heaven?

There are FIVE new threads from the past week on the 1st page, out of what, 40-50 threads? So I know yall can't be talking about some new games to play...

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
We don't always agree but :ehh:

This is the least I've gamed in any generation, ever... And by a large amount. It's very rare in recent times that something comes out that truly captures the magical experiences of past. If you don't enjoy souls-like games you're pretty much assed out these days

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I have almost every console ever made and a ton of games for each.
Day in and day out I'd rather play PS5.
The previous generations were great, and the shock of experiencing certain elements for the first time that have become par for the course today is almost always going to have a strong impact on opinions.
But to say this generation is trash in comparison to previous generations is a bit short sighted.
I was there first hand for all those ground breaking generational leaps.
It was an incredible time to be alive.
Gaming tech is at the point of diminishing returns.
I'm still enjoying gaming more than I ever have.
The only thing I do truly miss is the amount of co-op games and local multiplayer games we had.
There are a bunch out there, but local gameplay used to be a bigger deal and the internet pretty much squashed that.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
This generation hasn't begun yet. Microsawft and Sony didn't kiss the ring and that's what happened. :manny:

When GOATendo releases the Switch 2, then we're on business :ufdup:
You're talking crazy, but I definitely want to see what Nintendo is going to bring with the Switch 2.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
We don't always agree but :ehh:

This is the least I've gamed in any generation, ever... And by a large amount. It's very rare in recent times that something comes out that truly captures the magical experiences of past. If you don't enjoy souls-like games you're pretty much assed out these days
It pisses me off that it seems like every other game is "Souls-like". Like when did that start and why is that happening?

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
We're barely 4 years into the gen and these systems launched during the pandemic, which hurt development across the board. It took a minute for the gen to get started.

This is a shallow period for major releases but the end of 2024 looks promising. Personally I've had something to play most weeks this year and most of the time it was a new game.

I can't buy that this gen has been ass when it's only halfway over, and there have been genuine quality of life improvements with how fast everything loads now. I really want to see how games look towards the end of the gen

IgnorantDwayneWayne

NC Pleighboy
Daps
Man fukk outta here. This gen is dope. Especially if you're not already in your thirties with nostalgic memories for your pre-teen years. If you notice whenever someone was 11-15 is always “ the best period in gaming”.
Since all of ps4/xbox whatever games are playable this gen you can roll all those games into this one. Game pass/ ps plus “free” games plus actual free to play AAA games mean this is the best time for black kids who don’t have your adult gaming budget.
Also it’s less than 4 AAA souls like games a year.
That’s not too much you just don’t like em so they stand out more. They make twice as many shooters/rpgs a year.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
We're barely 4 years into the gen and these systems launched during the pandemic, which hurt development across the board. It took a minute for the gen to get started.

This is a shallow period for major releases but the end of 2024 looks promising. Personally I've had something to play most weeks this year and most of the time it was a new game.

I can't buy that this gen has been ass when it's only halfway over, and there have been genuine quality of life improvements with how fast everything loads now. I really want to see how games look towards the end of the gen
You do know that Sony said the PS5 is in its latter stages of its life cycle, right?

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i was gonna say its likely to really go when gta 6 comes out. that will probably be the template for development time and current gen technology