I have vitiligo

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
I have a thumbprint size area of my thigh that has no pigment. Have had it since I was a kid, it never grew, and I never got another patch anywhere else. Just slow your roll before you panic. But if you do have vitiligo, it is an auto-immune disorder, and those always come in pairs or threes so you are bound to get a few more AI disorders.

:childplease: No. He wouldn't be bound to get any other auto-immune disorders, Doogie Howser :sitdown:

RhymesWell

All Star
Daps
I actually have Vit. It started when I was around 13 or so and it was bad at first but as I got older it began to clear up to the point where I only have a tiny spot or two on my stomach and thighs. And one small spot on my face that is very non-noticeable. Just pray breh. I thank god that I never ended up like the people who end up covered in patches.

Robert California

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TB
My college rommate had/still has Vitiligo. He would get random spots here and there, but his were mostly controlled by the meds. 70% effective sounds about right as he was usually good for a spot or two. The bad part is, you can't control where they pop up - dude would get them on his eyelids and hands. He did say stress will make it worse. Try not to stress too hard about it and take your medication...

ComputersPutin

All Star
Daps
Should I have said "likely" instead? This is what my endo told me. I got 3 of them :sadbron:

"Vitiligo seems to be somewhat more common in people with certain autoimmune diseases, including hyperthyroidism (an overactive thyroid gland), adrenocortical insufficiency (the adrenal gland does not produce enough of the hormone called corticosteroid), alopecia areata (patches of baldness), and pernicious anemia (a low level of red blood cells caused by the failure of the body to absorb vitamin B12). Scientists do not know the reason for the association between vitiligo and these autoimmune diseases. However, most people with vitiligo have no other autoimmune disease."

Vitiligo Treatment, Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and Signs on MedicineNet.com

*AP

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a small spot with no pigment on my arm
I showed it to my doctor and a dermatologist and he was lookin at me like :childplease:

Haven't noticed anything else :yeshrug: Could be sun damage

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn man that's crazy. I used to have eczema when I was little but it went away when i grew older.

However my face is a shade or two darker than my neck. There is literally a line on my neck that separates the two colors. The dermatologist said it was due to being in the sun a lot but i don't believe that shyt. I' using about three different prescription creams, including a skin bleaching ointment and I've started using sunscreen more often. I'll try to upload a pic. I'm pretty sure other people don't notice unless they focus on me really hard but to me it looks terrible as fukk. :wow:

mj-laughing.gif

There's nothing funny about this clown. :pacspit:

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
I have a spot with no pigment on my right thight. I ignored it thinking it would go away. I googled the symptom and it gave vitiligo as a possibility, I went to the doctor today and he confirmed it.

He said that there is no way of telling if it will spread and the meds he gave me are only 70% effective :to:

I used to have slight spots. Haven't had any spots for years. You might be low in something in your blood like copper which is common. If the spots are still small you can send that shyt away like I did. I've been taking these and noticed ever since the spots went away :manny: http://m.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4193180

I don't know what I was missing because I took a blood test and everything was fine but when I took these for about a year straight(this was about 5 years ago) the spots disappeared. You might just need vitamins like i did breh.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Family Man

Banned
Daps
I have a spot with no pigment on my right thight. I ignored it thinking it would go away. I googled the symptom and it gave vitiligo as a possibility, I went to the doctor today and he confirmed it.

He said that there is no way of telling if it will spread and the meds he gave me are only 70% effective :to:

Damn. That's one of my worst nightmares right there. Hang in there bro. Damn. :smh: I hate CACs and wouldn't want to become one.