I hate when black people accomplish something and say they are their ancestors dreams

EBK String

Better Ring String
Supporter
Daps
Black people living through slavery weren't thinking about their descendents being doctors and lawyers and getting corporate jobs. They were dreaming of freedom and sliting massa's throat. shyt is narcissist babble. Somebody who lived their whole lives under constant abuse and back breaking labor isn't doing back flips in the grave because your ass working at kaiser permanente.

invalid

Banned
Daps
What about our ancestors that became ex-slaves after the Emancipation Proclamation? Or our ancestors that were building towns and universities during Reconstruction? Or our ancestors that were living and experiencing the Harlem Renaissance or the heydays of Bronzeville, LeDroit Park, and "Sweet Auburn Avenue?" Our ancestors were just not confined to slavery. I'm sure post-chattel they were dreaming about the "improvement" of the race.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Bushed
Daps
What about our ancestors that became ex-slaves after the Emancipation Proclamation? Or our ancestors that were building towns and universities during Reconstruction? Or our ancestors that were living and experiencing the Harlem Renaissance or the heydays of Bronzeville, LeDroit Park, and "Sweet Auburn Avenue?" Our ancestors were just not confined to slavery. I'm sure post-chattel they were dreaming about the "improvement" of the race.
Actually, the fact that those places existed was due to how white supremacy operates.

Black people couldn’t actually succeed or build anything without being allowed to by rich white elites. They were confined to the system because slavery never actually ended. It just evolved with this capitalistic system and some were able to pave their own way by leveraging certain deals with white elites that allowed them a certain autonomy.

Rather than, in what OP is touching on, operate outside of the confines of white supremacy rather than trying to create a niche and upward mobility within it. Time and time again this has shown to be futile.

Just watched a vid on this earlier

Ziploc

Celestial
Daps
We need to let go off that ancestor talk as if our history is defined by the atrocities cacs inflicted and everything is within that context. My elders are more then just the sum of their parents strife. Some of the proudest ,self aware and centered people i've met are (great)grandchildren of enslaved people. I had the honour of meeting my mom's great aunt when she was in her late 80s, i was a child. Her mother had been born around 1850 and was born a slave. That woman was a force of nature,strong,purposeful energy and a demeanour i had only seen in the old people around me as a child. She spoke an old patois i wasnt used to but i could understand what she said. She still lived in a old ass little wooden house that was around in the 1800s and farmed her own food. I know my breh understand when i say that was the blackest person i had met up till that point,undiluted black,even Jezus had to play the backseat to the traditional customs and religious practices. I now wish i could have lived with her for a bit,she even joked with my mom to let me stay for a couple of weeks but i was scared cause she was no joke and ass whuppings would have been mandy.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
We need to let go off that ancestor talk as if our history is defined by the atrocities cacs inflicted and everything is within that context. My elders are more then just the sum of their parents strife. Some of the proudest ,self aware and centered people i've met are (great)grandchildren of enslaved people. I had the honour of meeting my mom's great aunt when she was in her late 80s, i was a child. Her mother had been born around 1850 and was born a slave. That woman was a force of nature,strong,purposeful energy and a demeanour i had only seen in the old people around me as a child. She spoke an old patois i wasnt used to but i could understand what she said. She still lived in a old ass little wooden house that was around in the 1800s and farmed her own food. I know my breh understand when i say that was the blackest person i had met up till that point,undiluted black,even Jezus had to play the backseat to the traditional customs and religious practices. I now wish i could have lived with her for a bit,she even joked with my mom to let me stay for a couple of weeks but i was scared cause she was no joke and ass whuppings would have been mandy.
Did she ever give any inkling of what she felt about the future or you being the future?