I hardly ever see black men in white collar office jobs,only min wage jobs....

theGoldmangod

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There are a ton of black women I see in white color jobs... I struggle to find too many black men... but there are some. Some people think that's by design..... I don't know the details.

Its not by design breh. I been in a position where I can hire for my firm for a minute now. I'm dying to bring bruhs in, dying. I meet more employable Black women by far, even though that's not saying much cause its not a lot of sistas either. But even that has always been a fukking shame to me because in finance that ratio never fukking happens, never. Its like engineering. Plus banking its one of the few places where we basically get away with discriminating against females (sorry women :manny:) because we're not trying to deal with pregnancy with the hours fresh blood and reps have to put in. And still nikkas just aren't competing smh

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Its not by design breh. I been in a position where I can hire for my firm for a minute now. I'm dying to bring bruhs in, dying. I meet more employable Black women by far, even though that's not saying much cause its not a lot of sistas either. But even that has always been a fukking shame to me because in finance that ratio never fukking happens, never. Its like engineering. Plus banking its one of the few places where we basically get away with discriminating against females (sorry women :manny:) because we're not trying to deal with pregnancy with the hours fresh blood and reps have to put in. And still nikkas just aren't competing smh
No, it's the same with me..... honestly, I hardly recommend a nikka for anything, because I just can't afford that. Black women who are articulate are almost a guarantee... They usually do better than anyone else.

Still from birth to college, I think its still by design. NTM, overall a CAC is gonna be more comfortable with a black women over a black man.

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
Buffalo is a poor as fukk segregated city. Even at that my dad from UB law is an attorney and my step dad is an electrical engineer and college professor so :umad:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
When I was in Atlanta I saw black men in Bentleys BMWs whippin Raris....I mean they're doing it big out there. Where are you from. :ufdup:

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
OP. Just remember this. We're out here in major cities...BUT...we're only 12% of the population and we're not evenly distributed across the country.
yup. i used to think the same, because Ive pretty much been working a white collar job since 20. I would never see people like me, and the ones I did, we formed an alliance in the company, chilled at happy hour. I knew all the black men. Once my company started sending me abroad (esp to the south) ATL and NOLA was where I saw it the most. oh Arkansas too. I noticed the office were WAY more concentrated with black people, lot of them women (I think the AA community have more women than men as a whole) but there were loads of black men, a lot in higher positions like VP status too. had me like :wtf: because in LA it's rare, but then again we only make up like 4% in Cali. and that's a big fukking state.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
There are a ton of black women I see in white color jobs... I struggle to find too many black men... but there are some. Some people think that's by design..... I don't know the details.
It is.

Do you noticed that their is a number of black women at human resource divisions? Cacs put them their to shut the door on black men. I've seen and heard of too many examples of this. The are using black women to put down black men in these white-majority white-collared jobs. And once a black man DO put his foot in the door, he has to be the smartest man in the room. Because the cacs and their pets would eat him alive.

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
No, it's the same with me..... honestly, I hardly recommend a nikka for anything, because I just can't afford that. Black women who are articulate are almost a guarantee... They usually do better than anyone else.

Still from birth to college, I think its still by design. NTM, overall a CAC is gonna be more comfortable with a black women over a black man.

This.

A black man, especially a darker-skinned black man is considered more "threatening" then a black woman. Cacs, overall, alll more intimidated by a masculine black male. I can personally attest to this. They act like I'm all threatening and shyt. I can see it in their eyes when I pay for something :heh: or walk down the street. The stares breh.....

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
It is.

Do you noticed that their is a number of black women at human resource divisions? Cacs put them their to shut the door on black men. I've seen and heard of too many examples of this. The are using black women to put down black men in these white-majority white-collared jobs. And once a black man DO put his foot in the door, he has to be the smartest man in the room. Because the cacs and their pets would eat him alive.
I don't know about all that.... but I do know for a fact that the black guy HAS TO BE the smartest person there. I used to work for a place that had madd CAC with BS and BA degree.. Every black person there had at least a Masters and more experience. Same pay range.

Black women love to talk, go to lunch with, and chill with other black women. I just put a black girl on yesterday evening...had her lie on the resume n everything. but chances are she will never put a black man on to shyt... We might be the only culture in which that would happen.

Benjamin Sisko

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
I don't know about all that.... but I do know for a fact that the black guy HAS TO BE the smartest person there. I used to work for a place that had madd CAC with BS and BA degree.. Every black person there had at least a Masters and more experience. Same pay range.

Black women love to talk, go to lunch with, and chill with other black women. I just put a black girl on yesterday evening...had her lie on the resume n everything. but chances are she will never put a black man on to shyt... We might be the only culture in which that would happen.
It's a crabs-in-a-barrel mentallity along with the "sistahood" bs.

I have seen first hand what SOME black women do when they get a "education". These women think that they are "better" then black men. They actually shyt on black men. And it's mostly the younger ones, less than 32. The cacs use these to keep the status quo. I think this is mostly in smaller private firms, where they don't have to enforce federal laws.

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
When I was in Atlanta I saw black men in Bentleys BMWs whippin Raris....I mean they're doing it big out there. Where are you from. :ufdup:

And? :rudy: That doesn't mean they all came from a white collar office job. ATL is a get money city. There's nikkas workin baggage claim at Hartsfield who can get a luxury vehicle. As a Financial Analyst who has been going on two interviews a week for the past 4 months, if there are Blacks in the workplace, it's Black women usually middle aged. Who cares you were in the A for a day or two? Some ppl on these boards go down there, see their first openly gay Black dude and assume it's queer nation down here when it really aint all the case.

All I'm sayin is, stop assuming. shyt ain't all what it seems. Same reason why a lot of simple minded people come to the A and expect to be livin like K. Michelle the minute they touch down.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And? :rudy: That doesn't mean they all came from a white collar office job. ATL is a get money city. There's nikkas workin baggage claim at Hartsfield who can get a luxury vehicle. As a Financial Analyst who has been going on two interviews a week for the past 4 months, if there are Blacks in the workplace, it's Black women usually middle aged. Who cares you were in the A for a day or two? Some ppl on these boards go down there, see their first openly gay Black dude and assume it's queer nation down here when it really aint all the case.

All I'm sayin is, stop assuming. shyt ain't all what it seems. Same reason why a lot of simple minded people come to the A and expect to be livin like K. Michelle the minute they touch down.
That's what I was trying to say...u always see blk women and that's it...I've noticed these so call liberal private businesses the same way

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
:yes: I am assuring you breh, it's like that even in the "Black mecca". There are many reasons why I'm finished with my Finance career path but your reason is one of them.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What the op is pointing out is true. Black women hold more supervisor positions than black men. While some of you are quick to look down on black women who work as sectaries and administrative assistants these women are laughing all the way to the bank. The average administrative assistant in major cities like Atlanta make between 45k-70k. Most of these jobs are in the 55k-65k league. At the most these jobs require a Bachelor's degree and a few years experience.

I believe the issue is one of both education and racism. Education wise, it is not surprising black men are broom pushers. How far do you think a high school drop out or someone with a G.E.D. can go? Their best bet for the future is the military.

I'm only willing to concede racism for black men who went to college and studied something employable...like engineering, but find themselves jobless (highly unlikely...given that's a highly employable field).

Everyone else is pretty much complaining about the poor choices they made in life.

hmmm....black girl in avy,on a black message board, booker t wash quotes.

okay let my guess liberal white guy, mostly blk female friends/girlfriend/ studied "African american" history in school...so........now u understand the "black experience" and ur " black card" entitle u to give advice

...lol ....ur so arrogant" I'm only willing to concede racism for black men who went to college and studied something employable"

i dont need u to "concede" anything....i dont care about what u think....i care about what black men think,,,because in the end....we gotta live this shyt...not u