I hardly ever see black men in white collar office jobs,only min wage jobs....

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
on the real im happy im in canada i feel there is no way to not be stigamtized as a black man in usa

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
OP. Just remember this. We're out here in major cities...BUT...we're only 12% of the population and we're not evenly distributed across the country.
shyt come to Atlanta with a majority of blacks and see who are in these white collar jobs. You got qualified AA men with bachelors and experience working in warehouses or doing door to door sales.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt come to Atlanta with a majority of blacks and see who are in these white collar jobs. You got qualified AA men with bachelors and experience working in warehouses or doing door to door sales.

damn its like that. isn't atlanta majority black?

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just read that atlanta might be the next detroit

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What the op is pointing out is true. Black women hold more supervisor positions than black men. While some of you are quick to look down on black women who work as sectaries and administrative assistants these women are laughing all the way to the bank. The average administrative assistant in major cities like Atlanta make between 45k-70k. Most of these jobs are in the 55k-65k league. At the most these jobs require a Bachelor's degree and a few years experience.

I believe the issue is one of both education and racism. Education wise, it is not surprising black men are broom pushers. How far do you think a high school drop out or someone with a G.E.D. can go? Their best bet for the future is the military.

I'm only willing to concede racism for black men who went to college and studied something employable...like engineering, but find themselves jobless (highly unlikely...given that's a highly employable field).

Everyone else is pretty much complaining about the poor choices they made in life.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
black women still make less than black men, on average. so i wouldnt buy the superior black woman hype. lest we forget the black women being worth 5 dollars statistic

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise
OP. Just remember this. We're out here in major cities...BUT...we're only 12% of the population and we're not evenly distributed across the country.
:comeon: What about Asian? They are only like 4% of the pop. How many of them have these low paying gigs?