I find it funny how the Knicks are looked at as an elite franchise

DuncanWebayama

webayama 7'5" hall of fame loc
Daps
Reppin
french baguittes and chips
When they havent won anything aside from those two titles in the 70s...I dont get how year end year out they get put on a pedestal like they are a successful basketball franchise. San antonio has accompished more than they have in the past decade than the knicks have since 1946.

DuncanWebayama

Daps
Reppin
They are a cash cow. The make money hand over fist when they're average. It's all it is.

If the Spurs we're bad they'd be irrelevant. The Knicks can afford to stink.

Nah we not talkin finances. Im tslking how they are constsntly.looked at.as.contenders yesr in year out and.are somehow.believed.they rank.up.woth the rlite teams im the leagie

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Nah we not talkin finances. Im tslking how they are constsntly.looked at.as.contenders yesr in year out and.are somehow.believed.they rank.up.woth the rlite teams im the leagie

No one has thought that for a long time except maybe Isaiah Thomas who I'm pretty sure was doped up his entire tenure in NY.

People think they're good this year because they have a lot of big names on their team. Melo and Stat are thought of as superstars by some. They're not and that's half their problem, but that perception is there. Then you have the big Chandler signing. DPOY and all that. And of course Jeremy Lin and that whole thing.

So hopes where high. :manny:

I can understand that. They got a bad draw this year in part due to D'Antoni and that slow start. Can't draw the Heat in round 1 and expect to go far.

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL

I dont know of anyone looking at the Knicks as legit title contenders.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

Year in and year out? Now I know you're just making shyt up as you go along. The Knicks just started to turn their shyt around. How can they be contenders year in and year out? They're one of the oldest franchises in the NBA and play in one of the biggest markets in the world. Expectations for this franchise tend to be overblown; now imagine if we had the accolades that Yankees have.

DuncanWebayama

Daps
Reppin
Year in and year out? Now I know you're just making shyt up as you go along. The Knicks just started to turn their shyt around. How can they be contenders year in and year out? They're one of the oldest franchises in the NBA and play in one of the biggest markets in the world. Expectations for this franchise tend to be overblown; now imagine if we had the accolades that Yankees have.

Jesus do yall nikkas not read? You ask the average joe who the top 5 teams are in the nba and I gaurantee he would say someting like:

lakers
knicks
miami
boston
last one is debatable...

For some reason they are looked at as a successful franchise when they haven't accomplished shiiet. Nothing nada at all. Seriously, analysts start reporting shyt like "when are the knicks going to bounce back" when they haven't been that good from the start. It's beyond annoying.

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
Jesus do yall nikkas not read? You ask the average joe who the top 5 teams are in the nba and I gaurantee he would say someting like:

lakers
knicks
miami
boston
last one is debatable...

For some reason they are looked at as a successful franchise when they haven't accomplished shiiet. Nothing nada at all. Seriously, analysts start reporting shyt like "when are the knicks going to bounce back" when they haven't been that good from the start. It's beyond annoying.

4qle9w.png

Red Omega

MANTRA
Daps
Reppin
New York
No one would say the Knicks are a top 5 team right now, they will always be a top 5 team popularity wise because we are the best city in the world and play in the most famous arena there is.

The funny part about it is you making threads like these, and other people speaking about us keeps us relevant :laugh:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
This thread is another example of there being more people who manufacture and make believe that people are saying the Knicks are an elite franchise than actual people who say the Knicks are an elite franchise.