I don’t believe in race swapping in movies 🎥 but what you think about this change 🤔 it would be interesting but it will get lots upset 😠

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Daps
a character experiencing a genocide is different than magneto being jewish and experiencing the holocaust. there's a lot baked into being jewish and the holocaust as a whole specifically that gets changed. like imagine if someone on a white forum said swapping a black character that gets discriminated against for an asian one that gets discriminated for is the same.

plus we dealing with neonazis denying the holocaust anyway so that's not great.

plus there's plenty of jewish people in hollywood that aren't going to play with their characters getting messed with it. which is the correct way to protect your image in media and something we should do more.

I hear you.

It doesn’t make sense to cast an 85 year old to play Magneto. Magneto’s experience with genocide, desiring revenge etc. can easily fit in with an updated origin story making him Bosnian. Not a lot gets changed tbh. Jewish experience with genocide is extremely comparable to other victims’ of genocide this century and last.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Anger is still engagement. They'd probably just whine about it for like 5 minutes and then move on to the next thing they've chosen to be angry about.

If you REALLY wanted to cause a stir, make magneto Palestinian and make prof X a descendent of British aristocrats who engaged in imperialism in India, Africa and West Asia.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
this will get so many (you know who) super upset
Plenty of black people object to race swapping.

:mjlol:Disney is not turning the X-Men into a black movie. if Proff x or Magneto becomes black, then you can forget about any other black mutant / x-man not named Storm. Especially Black males, mutants like Bishop, Prodigy, Darwin Sync, Gentle, Moses Magnum will not be seen. If you see SunSpot, he will be latino.

I much rather see Giancarlo Esposito and Denzel Washington in the MCU playing actual black characters.
clean.jpg

Much rather see this than a race swapped Magneto

Last edited:

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
I’m ready for Hebrew Israelite Magneto but Prof. X was too much of a perv a-hole so keep him white please.

Daps
Race swapping aka palette swapping is for talentless morons that think they're doing something clever and original. Only dumb arses (like those that would defend MCU's She-Hulk or Amazon's Rings of Power) would think race, gender and sexuality swapping an established character is something clever.

Here's an idea... Wait for it... Why not make original characters with their own backstories that happen to be black!?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Race swapping aka palette swapping is for talentless morons that think they're doing something clever and original. Only dumb arses (like those that would defend MCU's She-Hulk or Amazon's Rings of Power) would think race, gender and sexuality swapping an established character is something clever.

Here's an idea... Wait for it... Why not make original characters with their own backstories that happen to be black!?
:mjlol:I’m saying instead of wanting more black mutants other than Storm. Getting some shine and mainstream push. they would rather race swap iconic established characters. Imagine race swapping Peter Parker instead of creating Miles Morales. Don’t get it twisted Giancarlo and Denzel would murder them roles. But why not just create something new. And I feel this way about race swapping in general.