I don’t believe in race swapping in movies 🎥 but what you think about this change 🤔 it would be interesting but it will get lots upset 😠

parallax

Superstar
Daps
its a stupid idea and knowing the concept of max noone should want a black magneto

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps
Dozens of genocides have occurred since the Holocaust. Making Magneto…Bosnian doesn’t change much

a character experiencing a genocide is different than magneto being jewish and experiencing the holocaust. there's a lot baked into being jewish and the holocaust as a whole specifically that gets changed. like imagine if someone on a white forum said swapping a black character that gets discriminated against for an asian one that gets discriminated for is the same.

plus we dealing with neonazis denying the holocaust anyway so that's not great.

plus there's plenty of jewish people in hollywood that aren't going to play with their characters getting messed with it. which is the correct way to protect your image in media and something we should do more.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District

I’m really back and forth about this

What about magneto back story what do you do with that?

And this will get so many (you know who) super upset

Also I wouldn’t want our few black characters to be race swapped so….

:francis:

I'm for it but the other way around

Denzel as professor x and Giancarlo as magneto :myman:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Dozens of genocides have occurred since the Holocaust. Making Magneto…Bosnian doesn’t change much
I dunno, from a character stand point, I tend to appreciate all the details, but I understand what your saying. But as far as changing him, I think with fictional characters, especially in comics where they have multiple versions of characters and then they also have a multiverse, you don't even need to make a Magneto with mass genocide as part of his story. How many different versions of Joker and Batman are there

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wouldn’t work off the rip with Magneto being an actual Jew. His trauma is woven into his character
Judaism is a religion, not a race. Black people also died in the holocaust. Why can’t a black person be in these roles?

On another note: “race swapping” sounds like some made up, Alt-Right BS. People are fine with a mutant character being able to control every piece of metal in the earth but heaven forbid he’s black. That’s just not realistic at all :mjlol: :mjlol: :mjlol:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
race swapping characters is never a big deal as people make it out especially if they're fictional.
Even white people used to not give a shyt about it

Nobody ever says anything about billy dee williams playing harvey dent or the crow being played by Brandon Lee. If those movies came out today though, there'd be hella backlash

Not saying they were less racist back them. fukk nawl, but you can tell this is all just a trend to be fake outraged about this shyt. Otherwise, nobody would think twice cause it's just a movie :mjlol:

Last edited:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
:mjlol:So y’all would be ok with a white Storm? Race Swapping is lazy especially for iconic characters.
False equivalence. Characters like storm were created because there were few black female superheroes

It wouldn't be a problem if she was changed to white if there were an equal representation of black people in the first place.

But we don't have that, so any race swapping of black characters is erasure :mjpls:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
False equivalence. Characters like storm were created because there were few black female superheroes

It wouldn't be a problem if she was changed to white if there were an equal representation of black people in the first place.

But we don't have that, so any race swapping of black characters is erasure :mjpls:
:mjlol:Storm is a fictional character try again

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

I’m really back and forth about this

What about magneto back story what do you do with that?

And this will get so many (you know who) super upset

Also I wouldn’t want our few black characters to be race swapped so….

:francis:

if you have to change the characters backstory to match the race. might as well use an entirely different character. making magneto black would be like making black panther white. Instead of wakanda he'd be from ireland. at which point he's just a new character. prof x wouldn't be a big deal. but magneto isn't magneto anymore if you erase his backstory.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

While I generally disagree with race swaps, this is true.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Wouldn’t work off the rip with Magneto being an actual Jew.

What's the problem Achi
4867-e85ce6fab646ddf6afd97226fe1f3064.jpg
?