I didnt know mixed race relationships were this common in the muslim community

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Islam is one religion I can see that race isn’t a factor. I live next to a mosque and I see black people, Pakistani, Arabs all go in the same building. Meanwhile, there’s a black churches and white churches just a block away from each other
There is no inherent racial factor in Islam but anti-blackness is still present in the arab zeitgeist.

ScottyG

Separate the boys from men
Daps
Islam is one religion I can see that race isn’t a factor. I live next to a mosque and I see black people, Pakistani, Arabs all go in the same building. Meanwhile, there’s a black churches and white churches just a block away from each other

Its in the teaching of muhammad circa 630 AD

O people, verily your Lord is One and your father is one (Adam). Verily there is no superiority of an Arab over a non-Arab or of a non-Arab over an Arab, or of a red man over a black man, or of a black man over a red man, except in terms of piety.

:wow:

1400 years later the west still playing catch up with a man who couldn't rest or write

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
There are 4 reasons to marry a woman per the last prophet (pbuh). As long as she's a believer it's Sunnah.

:yeshrug:

The man was an orphan and khadijah was a cougar. Get married, ahkbrehs.

Daps
no it will not.

you think arabs would actually go to war with, say black muslim or south asian muslim over a fellow arabs just because they are non muslim?
Kinda. ISIS/Daesh had a lot of foreign gunmen within their organisation. Let's not go there with ISIS/Daesh enslaving non Muslim Middle Easterners. Most wars throughout human history have been about 2 things. Greed and Pride. The fact that many wars occurred within so-called 'races' shows that skin colour isn't a good unifier of people.

but honestly, interracial dating is more common with christians than muslims
I can't say

Daps
True. That's more to do with the history of America rather than religion.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
Most brehs I saw ”revert” to Islam, did so with dating Arab women as the main incentive. Especially the Francophone ones. Make of that what you will. :hubie:

Side bar: my ex’s dad is Carribean and her mom is Moroccan. He converted just to marry her only to split up a few years after she was born. Funny how it’s rarely (if ever) the other way round.
if he converted just to marry a woman, was he ever really muslim?

s@n

All Star
Daps
nearly all the American muslims were from Maryland, why is that