I dapped Dr Umar yesterday

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
just as serious as a heart attack. if you are white and you are in this thread, what is your purpose for being here? you didnt simply disagree. had you had left it at "his theories are unsupported" then I wouldve not even responded to you. but you followed that up by saying such theories are "stupid as hell" and "insane" that also implies that anyone who suggests or believes are as such. that is an agenda my friend. you have to right to voice your opinion but to try and disrupt a thread that was not even discussing his ideologies is more than suspect. you just felt the need to get involved once the gay agenda was brought up. why? please answer me why? I told you...I was mainly interested in him on a child psychology basis and had not heard much of him speaking on gay agenda. I didnt even get into that conversation until you started saying all this stuff is pertinent as far as gay uprising but pertaining to black folk its nonsense. you said anyone who believes in a gay agenda you cant co-sign...pretty much meaning you want to discredit anything else the man says. have you listened to him? if so, what was your purpose for listening? to learn or to try and dissect his theories? if the latter than you have a lot more time on your hands than I do to concern yourself with something that should pretty much be trivial in relation to you.
He is white... so :yeshrug:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
just as serious as a heart attack. if you are white and you are in this thread, what is your purpose for being here? you didnt simply disagree. had you had left it at "his theories are unsupported" then I wouldve not even responded to you. but you followed that up by saying such theories are "stupid as hell" and "insane" that also implies that anyone who suggests or believes are as such. that is an agenda my friend. you have to right to voice your opinion but to try and disrupt a thread that was not even discussing his ideologies is more than suspect. you just felt the need to get involved once the gay agenda was brought up. why? please answer me why? I told you...I was mainly interested in him on a child psychology basis and had not heard much of him speaking on gay agenda. I didnt even get into that conversation until you started saying all this stuff is pertinent as far as gay uprising but pertaining to black folk its nonsense. you said anyone who believes in a gay agenda you cant co-sign...pretty much meaning you want to discredit anything else the man says. have you listened to him? if so, what was your purpose for listening? to learn or to try and dissect his theories? if the latter than you have a lot more time on your hands than I do to concern yourself with something that should pretty much be trivial in relation to you.
Why are you acting like @Broke Wave can't have a valid opinion on Umar Johnson just because he's white? I am white as well but I have a Master's degree in African American studies from Cal-Berkley and I used to work in the innercity.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are you acting like @Broke Wave can't have a valid opinion on Umar Johnson just because he's white? I am white as well but I have a Master's degree in African American studies from Cal-Berkley and I used to work in the innercity.

because of asinine statements like this....

Thank god I was born white, I don't have to deal with stuff like this :snoop:

now I ask....if thats they way you feel....:wtf: are you doing in this thread????

:ufdup:

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank god I was born white, I don't have to deal with stuff like this :snoop:

@Mephistopheles he doesnt HAVE to deal with it yet he finds the time to come up in a random ass thread to say that people are stupid or insane for suggesting or believing stuff that is trivial to him because he is WHITE! cmon breh...yall talkin out ya ass. if you want to come in and say his implications are unfounded, cool. also....I dont think it would be a stretch to set up a formal debate with Mr. Johnson when he is in your city next. Thats not to say you wont win some of the arguments, like the Kissinger memo. Would you be willing? I already know the answer to this....

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
because of asinine statements like this....

now I ask....if thats they way you feel....:wtf: are you doing in this thread????

:ufdup:
Maybe he just believes that we are all one color and part of one race, the human race. I may be white, but my father volunteered with the NAACP his whole life, I did community social work in the innercity as part of my African American studies graduate thesis and I was raised to not see race. Race is just a distraction that divides people. I just watched 12 Years A Slave last week and it was horrible what happened to your people. I think we need to let the past be the past move on from race.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Maybe he just believes that we are all one color and part of one race, the human race. I may be white, but my father volunteered with the NAACP his whole life, I did community social work in the innercity as part of my African American studies graduate thesis and I was raised to not see race. Race is just a distraction that divides people. I just watched 12 Years A Slave last week and it was horrible what happened to your people. I think we need to let the past be the past move in from race.
I know that I shouldn't be quoting u... and I know you might say some retarded shyt.

BUT

When the fukk did u become white? I thought u were black and Indian. Also, we are one species.... race is just a social construct..so there is no 'human race'... And while we would like to leave these made up ideas in our imaginations...... They are as real as anything we speak about. Large parts of our history and social situations are based on these constructs so - it is what it is...... .and that CAC broke wave really is just being annoying on purpose. He has no purpose other than to talk shyt.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Maybe he just believes that we are all one color and part of one race, the human race. I may be white, but my father volunteered with the NAACP his whole life, I did community social work in the innercity as part of my African American studies graduate thesis and I was raised to not see race. Race is just a distraction that divides people. I just watched 12 Years A Slave last week and it was horrible what happened to your people. I think we need to let the past be the past move on from race.

Oh, so your a white man now. You claimed to be a black man not too long ago. You definitley sound confused in general.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I know that I shouldn't be quoting u... and I know you might say some retarded shyt.

BUT

When the fukk did u become white? I thought u were black and Indian. Also, we are one species.... race is just a social construct..so there is no 'human race'... And while we would like to leave these made up ideas in our imaginations...... They are as real as anything we speak about. Large parts of our history and social situations are based on these constructs so - it is what it is...... .and that CAC broke wave really is just being annoying on purpose. He has no purpose other than to talk shyt.

Exactly. This fool changes his race like women change outfits. No wonder dude is so confused. Tommorow he'll claim to be indian....:snoop:

emoney

custom user title
Daps
For some reason, I'm surprised that you even like brother Umar.

But anyway, the reasons that you mentioned are the reasons y I constantly say on here that I'm not a pan africanist... I would say that I'm pro black and in addition not in denial about my narrow focus on American blacks.

I do think the Umar is better than the rest.... I used to attend many of these coffee shop ass meetings... people just left open as fukk conclusions and provided no solutions...... But Dr. Umar def needs to make sure that he continues to validate himself. This is a global world and a hating ass world - and He's a pan africanist... you can say all you want that you don't care what the haters say. You can say all you want- that the only reason people test ur credentials is because you are speaking the truth ( which is prolly true) --- BUT you can't move the masses if only a niche community takes you seriously.

Not every black person is to be taken seriously and not every black person will fight for the cause..... but every leader of any movements needs to be taken seriously by all people. Sometime I think about this when I think of Malcolm. Christians, Muslims, CAC, hood nikkas, the government, and the world -- all took him seriously even if they didn't agree with him Because He was antic free and that's crazy because he had no credentials other than he was anti-c00nery.

I would expect you to be focused on Black-Americans as you are one. Why would anyone not be upfront about that? Anyways, like I said it wouldn't make sense for someone like you to be a Pan-Africanist. You just don't fit the bill. Most people in the conscious community don't either...they are not on that level. Most in the conscious community are just people aware and frustrated with racism and they mix those feelings with a black religious theology.

Your exactly right when it comes to this ish, you got to separate the men from the boys and understand everyone's voice isn't equal. I hate to sound elitist but it is what it is.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Oh, so your a white man now. You claimed to be a black man not too long ago. You definitley sound confused in general.

BUT

I just don't understand why you people are so angry. And I'm not racist at all. My grandparents came over with nothing from Sicily. My father hired many African Americans at his business and gave them more opportunities than they ever had.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I would expect you to be focused on Black-Americans as you are one. Why would anyone not be upfront about that? Anyways, like I said it wouldn't make sense for someone like you to be a Pan-Africanist. You just don't fit the bill. Most people in the conscious community don't either...they are not on that level. Most in the conscious community are just people aware and frustrated with racism and they mix those feelings with a black religious theology.

Your exactly right when it comes to this ish, you got to separate the men from the boys and understand everyone's voice isn't equal. I hate to sound elitist but it is what it is.
Your right and wrong... There are women I read about that were panafrican, I can't relate to.... but I can relate to a revolutionary with a lil interest in Africa like assta skakur for example.

I have family in Africa. I've been there and I used to be a pan Africanist in my late teens..... I do have hope of an end goal of progression for our entire diaspora to be reached... and I donate to AFrican causes and encourage others to do so. I've been a part of more meeting and speeches and events than I care to count. I don't really consider 'us' real Americans.

You right that everyone shouldn't be a 'pan-africanist' . But you are wrong in that it's because they simply aren't on that level. There are levels... enlightened folk understand that well - as you stated. However, more advanced individuals can see how parallels levels can be on the same level and work simultaneously.

Also, there isn't anything wrong with black religious theology.... not every idea about it is baseless. and all religions trace back to where exactly? I don't have any Muslim friends, but that is irrelevant to me anyway... I've never been a fan of religion coming up in these talks because we have so many tools at our disposal that we aren't using --- and we avoid using them while we spend time concerned with religion. Religion should be personal, imo.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being an elitist or to think like an elitist... but to sound like one is wrong.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I just don't understand why you people are so angry. And I'm not racist at all. My grandparents came over with nothing from Sicily. My father hired many African Americans at his business and gave them more opportunities than they ever had.
:ehh: n u don't even have rep up for these rare occasions.