i can't figure out quite why religious folk regardless of their upbringing...

SwagmundFreud

Superstar
Daps
Resent the idea that when we die, out bodies return to whence it came and the energy within us simply seeps into eternity. no suffering, no paradise, no memory, just simple non-existence, all you are at that point is a collection of memories in the still existing minds of those who knew you. why is fading into obscurity such a horrible thing to them?

Also, lets keep the trolling and flame wars at a minimal please

smokeurobinson

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
why do u care? Believe what u wanna believe, live and let be.....Doesn't make sense to waste time worrying about why the next man doesnt think like u.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
because it's natural to be afraid of not existing anymore. i'm not religious but it's unsurprising people seek comfort in believing they'll live after they die.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
They're scared to face the realization that they're not as important or as unique as they were taught that they were.

Couple that with the crushing social and economic disparities many poor and uneducated people face, who are overwhelmingly religious, they think that since their present lives suck SO much on earth, that there MAY...just MAY BE something awaiting them.

Its the existential crisis many of us have reconciled (i'm more or less of a nihilist but whatever) and the vast majority fear even bringing up to discuss. Its cowardice.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
why do u care? Believe what u wanna believe, live and let be.....Doesn't make sense to waste time worrying about why the next man doesnt think like u.

This false dichotomy is so infuriating in how dismissive it is.

Listen. When we talk about this shyt, someone has more valid, true, real, or substantiated ideas that someone else.

That happens to be the non-religious people.

Get mad if you want to.

All this "believe what you wanna believe" shyt doesn't matter when you're making statements or assertions of fact BECAUSE at that point we get to evaluate what you're actually saying.

Now, if you want to believe crazy shyt, GO AHEAD...but don't expect it to cross my doorstep without getting confronted just because you're "free to be open minded" :comeon:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Resent the idea that when we die, out bodies return to whence it came and the energy within us simply seeps into eternity. no suffering, no paradise, no memory, just simple non-existence, all you are at that point is a collection of memories in the still existing minds of those who knew you. why is fading into obscurity such a horrible thing to them?

1. Nice username. :mjpls: :salute:

Last edited by a moderator:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Ah here we go

Just missing victor von doom and the CAC mamba then we can start the weekly debate

Sent from royalty using Tapatalk 4 beta

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Religious people don't view fading away as horrible. Religious people don't feel a fear of death -more so than anyone else. Religious people understand transfer of energy and the cycle of life on Earth; and if they don't then they wouldn't understand it regardless of being religious or not.

Religious people simply have a different belief about what happens to your consciousness and/or spirit. It's not like religious people are all hoping to die soon so that they can do whatever it is that they believe.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Religious people don't view fading away as horrible. Religious people don't feel a fear of death -more so than anyone else. Religious people understand transfer of energy and the cycle of life on Earth; and if they don't then they wouldn't understand it regardless of being religious or not.

Religious people simply have a different belief about what happens to your consciousness and/or spirit. It's not like religious people are all hoping to die soon so that they can do whatever it is that they believe.

neither of which exist outside of your brain. so...:umad: :whew:

and "spirit" isn't a thing so... :troll:

semtex

:)
Daps
They're scared to face the realization that they're not as important or as unique as they were taught that they were.

Couple that with the crushing social and economic disparities many poor and uneducated people face, who are overwhelmingly religious, they think that since their present lives suck SO much on earth, that there MAY...just MAY BE something awaiting them.

Its the existential crisis many of us have reconciled (i'm more or less of a nihilist but whatever) and the vast majority fear even bringing up to discuss. Its cowardice.
First sentence is on point. Christianity specifically is a very self-serving religion (e.g "somebody died for me", "jesus loves me", "jesus is coming back for me", etc). But I don't hate any religion :manny: I also don't throw out the possibility of there being a higher power. I don't think it's worth arguing over either, because at the end of the day nobody knows shyt.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
Better question to me is no matter how much people say they want to go to heaven and how great it must be, they still don't want to die to get there. And they don't want old ass people to die to go there either. Nelson Mandela, icon, great man.....Christians are praying he makes it. Kinda selfish imo.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Becoming a non-religious theist opened myself to a whole new way of thinking that helped me embrace the fact that once I die I will decompose and return to the universe.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
neither of which exist outside of your brain. so...:umad: :whew:

and "spirit" isn't a thing so... :troll:

We actually don't know enough about the human brain or consciousness to make umad statements about it.....

but anyway, point is- op was incorrect regardless of ur trolling.