I can't believe Avatar made $2.7+ billion.. wtf

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
After maybe a year or so, I stopped paying for 3D post Avatar because no one ever came close to the Avatar 3D experience.
You would think Cameron's techniques would have been common by now but the studios are still going the cheap route with the post filming 3D conversion.

Last edited:

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
The story was simple but the execution was flawless.

And people forget that all of the Navi were played by black actors so Avatar = black excellence :blessed:

With a white guy saving them where they couldn't save themselves. And taking ol'boys girl too while becoming the leader of their most prestigious tribe :francis:

The 3D was nice, but its been time for this movie to fall. End Game is going to surpass it, and I wont be mad. fukk having a white savior movie as the top grossing all time.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
With a white guy saving them where they couldn't save themselves. And taking ol'boys girl too while becoming the leader of their most prestigious tribe :francis:

The 3D was nice, but its been time for this movie to fall. End Game is going to surpass it, and I wont be mad. fukk having a white savior movie as the top grossing all time.
98% of the avengers movies are white saviours. :dead:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
The best movie experience i ever had. I clinched my seat during the opening, all facts. I was skeptical of Imax 3D but it made me a believer.

Hard to explain to someone who never experienced it. The hype is warranted.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I liked it but the story left a lot to be desired. Visuals were stunning and A1 though, can’t wait to see how these sequels look. James has a gift for visual effects.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
After maybe a year or so, I stopped paying for 3D post Avatar because ever came close to the experience
You would think Cameron's techniques would have been common by now but the studios are still going the cheap route with the post filming 3D conversion
Only a few films have come close to Avatars 3D over the years. Gravity, Prometheus, Battle Angel Alita, Jackass 3D. I think Prometheus might’ve even been post conversion but I thought the 3D was really fantastic. Alita was produced by Cameron and I think they used the same cameras avatar did.