I can't believe Avatar made $2.7+ billion.. wtf

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
The sequel will have the best final battle in cinematic history, and will also be the prettiest movie of all time. cameron dont play :wow:

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Never seen the entire thing. They were playing it on one of the screens while I was laid up at the plasma center donating. It was probably the middle of the movie at the time. No lie, for that brief hour I was getting into the joint.

Here’s hoping they do another Avatar rerelease before the next one drops, or have that double feature on opening night. If I’m gonna watch it fully then I can wait til it’s on the big screen and in 3D

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Endgame will probably beat it. I mean there half way there after just a week

But yeah it was a weird one. I still remember when in dropped everyone being uncertain if anyone seen it lol

tbh I was shocked in beat Dark Knight and Im still shocked none of these MCU didnt already top it

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
This shyts like the moon landing.....made up...no idea how it made that much. It wasnt very rewatchable and paying 20 bucks to see it each tile aint appealing.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Story was cliche as hell, long, and boring.

3d not even popping like that anymore, i don't see part 2 and 3 putting up those numbers.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Is anyone even checking for fukking avatar sequels???:dahell:
James Cameron isnt just going to release it in regular imax 3-d, I can gaurentee it will be some new must see technology that will "maximize" the experience. That will create its own hype, then once the trailer hits and he starts going around talking about how he had that submarine built just to get footage for this movie, there will be alot of interest

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Seeing Avatar in the theaters twice is a top movie experience for me. The visuals were just unmatched. They had to re-release that shyt because people who missed out demanded it.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Cameron basically invented the 3D hype, turning it from a gimmick to an actual tool of filmmaking, and to date he’s the only one who achieved that.

Avatar was a true event film. Its cliche as all hell and feels like the epitome of everything horrendously wrong with White Savior movies but it did its job with the visuals and spectacle.

You said everything I came in to say. The plot was complete cliche and the white savior shyt pisses me off to this day...but I can't say that I wasn't impressed by the experience when I watched it. It's one of those movies that was way worse in retrospect than it was at the time.

The story was simple but the execution was flawless.

And people forget that all of the Navi were played by black actors so Avatar = black excellence :blessed:
That just makes the White Savior bullshyt even worse. :scust:

Last edited: